the Rift

Thirteen Sad Farewells

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
It hurt.

It always hurt to see how the past could weigh on someone and be unable to change it. If I could go back and restore Elsa’s happiness, I would do so. If I could go back and help Ghost recover from the grief of losing her family, position, and land, I would do so. Of course, there was nothing I could could do now that I didn’t try then. I could remember so clearly my attempted escape form the Basin. I could recall so visibly the anxiety and the worry that I felt when I could not… But we’d all survived somehow. Some of us had prevailed as shells of what we once were and others returned in pieces, but we’d survived hadn’t we?

There may have only been months between now and then, and the ties between us may have been strained, but I knew that I would not leave my friends without comfort and without support. Yet, I also knew that we had first to grieve before we could forgive or move forward. It was strange that we operated so easily under the pretenses of happiness when each of carried unspeakable burdens… It was just as strange that we each tried to ignore the pain that existed at the root of this meeting and how it would feel when put that pain behind us. I smiled and laughed at the mention of Gaucho and I proffered an amused “I would have to think so,” when the conversation was turned in my direction. But it felt forced and fake.

I was due to be a spy again in the Throat, Elsa was presumably thriving in the Edge, and Ghost had accepted her placement in the desert. Was this where we thought we’d be now? Probably not. Was this how I wanted our meeting to end? No. But what could I do when Elsa turned her eyes from me, their softness growing softer from the loss and betrayal? I didn’t know that the snowy mare had children in the south and I didn’t think I’d heard of them before, but the General certainly appeared to feel alienated from our borders. I didn’t want her to be.

It hurt.

I turned away from the World’s Edge and from Elsa and her grief, uncertain how I could change the way she was feeling. So instead I paused, with a slight grimace turning my lips, and spoke to the girl over my shoulder. “She will be taken care of Elsa and so will you. Do not be shy… we’ll be around. You’re the strongest you’ve ever been my friend, don’t you forget that.

But in truth, we were all weak without each other.

Essetia & Romul
@Ghost @Elsa || I had to do it...

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Thirteen Sad Farewells - by Essetia - 11-28-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: Thirteen Sad Farewells - by Ghost - 11-29-2015, 06:00 AM
RE: Thirteen Sad Farewells - by Elsa - 11-29-2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Thirteen Sad Farewells - by Essetia - 11-29-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Thirteen Sad Farewells - by Ghost - 12-02-2015, 06:18 AM
RE: Thirteen Sad Farewells - by Elsa - 12-02-2015, 09:36 AM