the Rift

[JUDGED] biting off more than we could ever swallow [Erebos vs Rexanna]

Rexanna Posts: 499
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 7 years HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Marembo :: Marbled Polecat :: None Skylark
rexanna
I had a dream you were two towns from me —
I wasn't sure what I had expected to happen when I began my attack onto the ebony stag. In my attempts to barge into him I was met with success. I had managed to collide with him, my chest meeting his on his left and my teeth meeting skin. Invigorated blue eyes scanned him momentarily as he pulled away from me, searching for signs of weakness. I began to think that this was going to be an easy fight. Steadying myself, my hooves met the lush grasses beneath us in the courtyard. I studied him as he reached the side of the Rotunda and began my move to meet him once again with the idea that the wall of the building would provide more help. Until a fog seemed to appear out of nowhere. I sucked the thick air into my lungs and snorted out of discomfort, eyes closing momentarily while I tried to figure out what had caused it. Magic?

When I opened my eyes, I realized the fog was so thick I could barely see anything - let alone the demon stag. I heard him cough in the distance and swiveled my head I thought he was. Could he see in this? Suddenly I felt more compelled to win the battle if he planned on using tactics like this against someone like me that had no extra help. I shifted my hooves against the earth, my front right leg extending and pawing at the ground trying to get an idea of the location I held. I figured I had to be a couple of feet from Erebos and the Rotunda when I stopped due to the sudden change in weather. I moved forward about a foot, leaving only a foot between me and the structure. Then, I swiveled my head to my right thinking I heard the sound of hoofsteps. I moved to my right, stepping sideways thinking that he was coming up on my left.

That's when he got me. In my attempts to move away from the sound, he had collided his horn with my right hind. I felt an explosion of pain grow in my muscle and stretch across my skin as his horn penetrated my right rear leg, accompanied with a hot searing sensation of blood as it began to fill the hole left by his crown. A mix between a gasp and a shriek had escaped my lungs. My eyes jammed shut as I plunged into the stone of the wall. The burning pain from my rear followed with a dull sensation in my chest from the stone pulsed with each movement. My hooves struggled to steady myself, all while flashbacks of the land I lived in before flew into my mind. I remembered seeing wounded soldiers returning and the bloodshed that stained the land as I escaped. I remembered the grieving mother crying over her son, a lifeless heap in the middle of the clearing. I wouldn't let that child be me. I needed to learn how to protect myself. I wanted to give up with the sharp pain that vibrated in my hind, but I knew if I did that would only make me weak. I was strong I could handle it.

I began to feel weakness as I tried to place some weight onto my right hind, so I focused onto my left to steady myself.  Then, I pushed back from the Rotunda and opened my eyes. Inhaling the thick fog deeply, I bucked. Pushing my weight onto my front legs and striking out toward him. I hoped he had been heading toward me so that maybe my hooves could collide with the right side of his chest.

"Talk."
_______

Word Count: 617/800
Attack: 2/3
Summary: Erebos is successful in ramming his horn into Rex's right. She stumbles into the wall of the Rotunda and uses it to push herself off and buck at Erebos, hoping her hooves might collide with the right side of his chest.
OOC: Those were great notes, Heather :D I hope I managed to put some of them in there. I read over it a bunch of times and thought about certain things I either needed or didn't need in it. Thanks again for doing this! <333
— got to sleep,
spent the whole night running.
image credits

@Erebos
[Image: lovelyskylark.gif?8]
Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Rexanna, without killing her.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
RE: biting off more than we could ever swallow [Erebos vs Rexanna] - by Rexanna - 12-18-2015, 02:07 AM