the Rift

[PRIVATE] the deepest blues are black

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Every storm runs out of rain, just like every dark night turns into day
Every heartache will fade away, just like every storm runs out of rain     
There it was, that cool reassurance, that gentle caress of twilight that suggested the night was not so dark and full of terrors. She didn't know what she had expected of him, but somehow, his response surprised her. They had never had a rift between them so large as Lucius before, and despite all the relationships Ampere was willing to, and had put at stake for her own beliefs, his was one that had pained her to do so. This renewed hope that perhaps not all was lost, that forgiveness could be obtained by somebody, that was revitalizing.

His questions coaxed sanity from her. So unlike the Wildfire that let her burn in her myriad of emotions, Mesec instead stoked the rationale, forged the pathways of intellect she all too often cast aside for its inconvenience. It was not an immediate effect, perhaps not even noticeable, but inside Ampere was able to wade water for the first time in a while.

"I went to the gods." Her words came out thick, heavy, pulled from her instead of pushed even if she was happy to give them. The sounds had to wade through all her anxiety and despondency was why. If she really thought about it maybe it was also hard to say because she had only herself to blame, only her avarice. She plowed on though, needing to say it, to hear it, to have him know it. Because if anyone could forgive her transgressions, it would be Mesec. If he could, then maybe she could.

"I prayed for strength... for magic" her lips curled over the last word as if it offended her. Would that she could cancel the damn deal now, but the bond was sealed, and she might as well run it to its finish now. "The Moon came-" Ampere, who had been talking faster, louder, more fervent, now grew quiet and still. For the first time since blurting everything out her gaze lifted to him, searching for something she couldn't find in him. Maybe giving something to him instead - because there was no blame. He would be the kind to immediately shoulder the weight of his mother's atrocity, but this was not her crime, this was Ampere's.

Softening, leaning into his embrace if it still lingered to offer one in return, Ampere went on, but slower now. "She asked me to let the egg hatch, to set it free." She remembered now with bitterness how the moment had seemed like a blessing at the time. In return for strength the Moon had asked Ampere to do what she had always wanted. The cruelty in the action was the impossibility of it, something Ampere had been blind to until the bond wrenched her gaze open. "So I did... but it didn't." She faltered, fumbling at the raw memory of the elation crashing into confusion and discord, then morphing into understanding and rejection. The parrotlet which had grown quiet cried out in distress at the dredged up feelings and images of the happy moment ruined. Ampere's ears flicked back in aggravation.

"We'd bonded. I didn't think I could, I didn't think I wanted to, the Earth told me you have to want it... the egg has to want it too..." she began to mutter incoherent strings of conversation, the nattering of her conscious as she swam amid her own thoughts, losing Mesec on the shore as she descended into the unanswered questions that raced around her mind. "...why did I want it..."

Ampere
The Mother of Companions
/ image

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
the deepest blues are black - by Mesec - 12-02-2015, 11:39 AM
RE: the deepest blues are black - by Ampere - 12-16-2015, 11:25 PM
RE: the deepest blues are black - by Mesec - 12-17-2015, 11:48 PM
RE: the deepest blues are black - by Ampere - 12-19-2015, 06:59 PM
RE: the deepest blues are black - by Mesec - 12-19-2015, 10:58 PM
RE: the deepest blues are black - by Ampere - 12-20-2015, 12:22 AM
RE: the deepest blues are black - by Mesec - 12-20-2015, 01:35 AM
RE: the deepest blues are black - by Ampere - 12-22-2015, 12:58 AM
RE: the deepest blues are black - by Mesec - 12-22-2015, 01:19 PM
RE: the deepest blues are black - by Ampere - 12-28-2015, 10:13 PM
RE: the deepest blues are black - by Mesec - 01-02-2016, 07:06 PM