the Rift

[OPEN] I can explain...

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
It did not take long for the first offender to appear. A woman, slight and slender, bowed in apology, in submission. Though the Elephant was growing more accustomed to such displays of deference, it did not make him any more used to it. Though he watches, eyes growing sad at the cracking voice and fearful, doe-like gaze of the slender mare. She is golden, with a blanket of snow upon her back, and her face is as delicate as his Mara’s had been. But it is scarred and meek, worn down by demons, time, or both.

Blowing out a soft breath, he marginally softens his face and lowers his head from it’s towering height. Ears remain tilted forward, catching the quiet and timid words of the mare he had rarely seen in the Edge. He recalled her leading a winged woman back from the Threshold (one who was also not present at his meeting), and at the both Ophelia’s and Mauja’s meetings. So he knew she had both ties and dedication to the Edge. His eyes, once hard cobalt, soften to ocean-blue storms.

“Jahzara,” he replies, his low voice no longer booming with anger, “How did you not know of this meeting, when you knew of the previous ones?” The words were not accusatory, merely questioning. He needed an explanation before he decided if there would be repercussions. Ignorance, while not a direct disrespect to the King, was still a mistake that could ultimately be detrimental to the herd. Though should it be punished? He awaited her response.

As he waited, the celestial mare of his evening reveries appeared. But, in contrast to the fearful mare, she glared at him with a fierce disapproval. His brows raise, and is surprised to find himself roused at the defiance the silver mare flashed. While he would not allow outright dissent in the Edge, it was stimulating to have the mare, who had been so soft and silken in the starlight, stand firm and glaring under his great bearing.

"And you, Katerina? Did you, also, not know of the meeting?” His voice grew firmer, deeper in response to her defiance. He fell quiet, thick tail brushing against his hocks, as he awaited explanations.
Once more into the fray
credits | table by Neo

@Katerina @Jahzara

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
I can explain... - by Tembovu - 12-21-2015, 06:39 PM
RE: I can explain... - by Jahzara - 12-24-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: I can explain... - by Katerina - 12-31-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: I can explain... - by Tembovu - 01-03-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: I can explain... - by Katerina - 01-10-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: I can explain... - by Whisper - 01-11-2016, 01:27 AM
RE: I can explain... - by Jahzara - 01-12-2016, 12:44 AM