the Rift

[OPEN] I can explain...

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu
He had called this meeting to hear explanations, excuses, from those who had not attended his meeting. It had been a meeting of importance, a shift of power, the visitation of their Goddess. The expectation of herd members was to attend such meetings, to be apart of the Edge’s family and at least recognize the faces. To show up was an insult to all. So he had called those absent forward, seeking to hear reasons and pass judgment.

Instead, he received pain, loss, and humiliation.

It was lesson the King both needed to learn and would not soon forget. Great power comes with great responsibility, it is a known adage. However, what is lesser know, the King was finding, was weight of that responsibility. The giant could shoulder great burdens— he had since the age of five, when he had buried burned bodies. But this weight was different; it was the burdens of others.

He let his face fall blank, standing as an impassive monarch before the silken explanations of Katerina. Only his ever-expressive eyes gave away his approval at her explanation, softening and warming as she apologized. He, too, owed an apology to the celestial mare— but that intimate conversation for another, more private place.

He stayed silent, awaiting answers to his question of Jahzara, but another came forward. A draft mare with drooping wings, a dull coat, and so emaciated that the King nearly stepped forward to support her stumbling form. Though his forward lean was frozen as recognition of the large, pegasus mare sliced painfully through him, just as her words fell coldly, dully, to the air. His head, unconsciously, reached out towards the mare who stood so far away from her fellow herdmates. She stood apart, as a stranger, and it struck a painful cord in his great heart. “Whisper, no… I am sorry,” his low voice was even quieter now, as he can feel the darkness that is haunting Whisper’s eyes. He understands the loss of a foal.. and Astra had been so bright and full of life. Dark blue gaze caught a tuft of white in her dark mane, and his lips pursed amid his passive face. “How long ago? I can help you look for Astra,” The question asked held another beneath the words: Why haven’t you her asked me to help find your daughter? But, again, that was a private question for another, more private time.

But then, in the meeting of formalities, the golden mare of quiet submission puts forth a an explanation a confession that was so riddled with personal and private information that it made his decorum seem absolutely absurd. Silently, as she speaks, he sheds the trappings of his new throne. The refreshing honesty reminds him of the decision he had made during the meeting. He was a ruler to walk beside those in the Edge, not stand before this in indicating glory. And what was he doing now? Just that. She he waiting until Jazhara had finished, thinking long and hard before speaking, “Jahzara, I am more than happy to help you fight Charles, if ever he threatens to take you again.”

“There will be no punishment for your meeting absences, I both hear and respect your reasons for not attending,” his rumble was firm as he continued, “However, I expect your presence in the future. The herd offers you not only protection,” eyes sweep to the wandering Katerina, “but also support— something you both could, and should, take advantage of,” his blue eyes swept to Jazhara and Whisper. “Absence in the future will result in finding all the scat in the Edge and throwing it over the cliffs,” the smallest of smiles turned up the corners of his lips as he made the promise of future absentee’s punishment. Despite the heartache surrounding him, he could not help the dark amusement at his tried-and-true punishment of old recruits in Dorobo.

With a nod, he dismisses them— though he stays standing, wondering if any should seek a private council with him.
Once more into the fray
credits | table by Neo

@Odette @Rowtag @Ruairi @Sariel Unfortunately, you all will be outcasted due to failure to attend this and the herd meeting :[
You are welcome to post at the borders to rejoin! :]

Any of you are welcome to make a new thread to talk to him one-on-one! I just want to wrap this meeting thread up :)

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
I can explain... - by Tembovu - 12-21-2015, 06:39 PM
RE: I can explain... - by Jahzara - 12-24-2015, 01:07 AM
RE: I can explain... - by Katerina - 12-31-2015, 04:46 PM
RE: I can explain... - by Tembovu - 01-03-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: I can explain... - by Katerina - 01-10-2016, 10:42 PM
RE: I can explain... - by Whisper - 01-11-2016, 01:27 AM
RE: I can explain... - by Jahzara - 01-12-2016, 12:44 AM
RE: I can explain... - by Tembovu - 01-12-2016, 02:58 PM