the Rift

[OPEN] The Boys of Summer

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

[Np!]

If Iso noticed Nym's foray up the beach or the beginnings of her arrival, she gave no notice. Her golden gaze was focused on the waves and the turmoil in her own soul. The forth and swell of the waves seemed to mirror her inner frustration and nauseating splashes of emotion.

kis holló-

The words made her blood run cold, and her gaze snapped harshly from the sea to the skull-faced mare. At first she had heard Volterra's lips saying that name - for he was the only one, up until now, who had used it. Then the articulation and tone settled between her ears, and she heard (and saw) the black mare she had met only a week or so prior. She hadn't even asked for her name, had she? No of course not, Iso rarely bothered with names, and yet she gave her that one. The mistake, the memory, and the way it incited emotions which often accompanied thoughts of Volterra flooded her system.

-you seem... different, if I might be so blunt. Is something amiss?

"Oh no-" She lie came easily and quickly. As much as she often judged and reprimanded others for saying and doing other than what they actually intended to do or say, Iso had found that lying was just so much easier. In all facets of her life, it seemed to be much more efficient to say and do the things those around her expected her to, than to be herself. She had learned early that who she was was fairly abrasive to everyone else. Her personality was typically not well-received. Lying seemed to be a way to compensate.

Besides, even if Iso were the sharing type, telling Nymeria that she was pining over her brother - a brother she had previously indicated that she didn't necessarily know - seemed inappropriate.

"-It was here that the final Riftian war was fought. My Father is responsible for these lands, and so I feel that I am as well. I was just remembering it."

It certainly sounded true enough.

"Did you ever find your brother?"

@Nymeria 

ISOPIA
IN REALITY'S SHADOW THE BLIND SEE BEST
Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
The Boys of Summer - by Isopia - 12-22-2015, 05:09 PM
RE: The Boys of Summer - by Nymeria - 12-25-2015, 02:25 PM
RE: The Boys of Summer - by Isopia - 12-27-2015, 03:18 PM
RE: The Boys of Summer - by Gull - 12-29-2015, 05:56 AM