the Rift

Dust & Gold

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

I have hovered at the edge of the Threshold for some time. I would be unable to say for how long if asked. Time passes differently whenever you are by yourself. Time spent by yourself also grants you further knowledge of yourself. There is no one else to tell you who or what you are so you have to decide for yourself.

"For how long am I in debt?" I imagine that my question is small nothing once it finally reaches the sun. My face is upturned as though I could actually see my question reach its destination. My lashes reach for one another attempting to shield my eyes from it. They are all of me that is willing to stand against the sun. The rest of me is simply thankful for the chance at life he has given. For the first time in my life, thanks to the fiery god, I had experienced the thrill of running until I could no longer. That exhilaration is what had carried me away from Helovia. I had ran until my legs trembled and I had then flown until my wings could carry my weight no longer. 

I did not know what land it was that I found myself in but I had made myself a temporary presence in a place where my heart troubles were never known. It was a place where I had been known for my own actions or lack of them. I had made friends that never regarded me with curious pity or concern. To them I was quiet and distanced from most things but I was normal and to them I had always been normal.

But I had lived with fear always in the back of my mind. Fear of my condition returning. The God of the Sun had healed my heart in return for living in his domain. Does he know I left the Dragon's Throat? Does he know that living in the land had started to feel as though I were imprisoned in the clutch of a dragon? Would he care? Or was I just another member won to him? Would he take his gift back now that my hooves and wings insisted on carrying me to new places?

A sigh leapt from my lips and trembled in the OrangeMoon air. The question seemed to constantly repeat itself; for how long will I be indebted to the God of the Sun? I hover on the edge of the Threshold where I have hidden myself away to think since my return but now I know that it is time to move forward. Obligation and fear calls for me to return to the Dragon's Throat and my love for water pleads for me to go anywhere but the desert with a puddle of an 'Oasis'. I could remain an Outcast but I yearn to be something more than I am now. Something called me back to Helovia for a reason. I am meant to do something here. I will make my choice as to where to go and then I will seek out my family and friends.

Evangeline. Ruske. Erebos. They are names that have not faded from memory. I wonder if Evangeline still lives in The Edge? Has Ruske returned? Erebos. My first friend. Am I still in his memory? By now Erebos would be a young stallion, a two year old like myself. My water walker. A soft smile comes across my lips led to existence by the memory of our meeting. Reminiscing I flap my wings a few times bringing fire to life under my wings. We'd had such fun showing our magic to one another.  

NOTES: Here it is! My very first Faeanne post. Why is it that she was easier to write than some of my characters that I dreamt up myself? I hope that I live up to how wonderfully she was written by Semper.

IMAGE CREDITS | CODING

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Messages In This Thread
Dust & Gold - by Faeanne - 01-02-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: Dust & Gold - by Murtagh - 01-02-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: Dust & Gold - by Destry - 01-03-2016, 01:06 AM
RE: Dust & Gold - by Tilney - 01-04-2016, 01:59 AM
RE: Dust & Gold - by Faeanne - 01-04-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Dust & Gold - by Murtagh - 01-06-2016, 03:16 PM