the Rift

Dust & Gold

Murtagh Posts: 92
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 hh :: 2.5 years
Sorellina :: Spectacled Bear :: None Sarah

Everyone always wanted to know where his mom was. Murtagh shrugged at the question - motioning with his dark head in the vague direction he thought that the Falls laid in. “Oh, one of them is around I bet. Don’t worry, they usually send one of their companions out to keep an eye on me.” Murtagh was so used to having one of the bears or one of his mother keeping an eye on him that it would be entirely strange for him to spend a long period of time without them.

Then she was asking about the thing that he wore, with the arrow that was clearly pointing toward her. He beamed with pride as he answered her. “It’s a…” Oh shoot, what did the Earth God call it? Did he even call it anything? “A conbass!” His young memory entirely butchering the word ‘compass’. “It tells me when someone needs help.” He explained, pointedly, eyeing her with his lavender eyes as though to make sure she understood that even though she had said that she did not need help, he knew better. He doubted that the Earth God would give him something that was faulty!

A shout interrupted them and then the golden mare was moving around Murtagh as though to defend him even though he was here to help her. He could’ve told her that wasn’t the voice of either of his mothers if she had asked, and he peered around her to see who it was. Another winged mare, and just as Faeanne thought she looked like Murtagh’s mother he was thinking that this new red-starred mare could be the golden mare’s mother. They had the same stars, after all!

“Hi!” He called out enthusiastically to the colt that he spied - lavender eyes bright with a smile at seeing someone close to his own age. “I’m Murtagh.” He chased Faeanne’s introduction with one of his own. Wondering if this new pair needed his help too, but the arrow was still pointing stubbornly to Faeanne so he wouldn’t abandon her just yet.

Another shout! Though this one was more friendly and no one had to step in front of Murtagh to protect him from this newcomer. A horned stallion came in, all friendliness and smiles (at least towards the mares, Murtagh noticed with a pout that he had not been grouped in with the ‘ladies’ greeting). This guy, Tilney, was from the World’s Edge and seemed to be a recruiter. Oh! They were in the Threshold! No wonder this place looked so strange, the colt had never been here before.

With nothing else to say, he simply looked back to Faeanne, waiting patiently for her to admit that she needed help. Like it or not, he wasn’t going to leave here until he helped someone. His bear cub and the Earth God were counting on him!

Murtagh

@Destry
[Image: 5626f07281a02]
pixel by Kiara <3

Messages In This Thread
Dust & Gold - by Faeanne - 01-02-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: Dust & Gold - by Murtagh - 01-02-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: Dust & Gold - by Destry - 01-03-2016, 01:06 AM
RE: Dust & Gold - by Tilney - 01-04-2016, 01:59 AM
RE: Dust & Gold - by Faeanne - 01-04-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: Dust & Gold - by Murtagh - 01-06-2016, 03:16 PM