the Rift

[OPEN] [REJOINING] Breathe and Be Calm

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

Maybe I had needed a great nap. Or perhaps I had needed a fantastic meal. Whatever it was that had sent my moods into such downward spirals has been fixed and I am who I once was. Since I left the Dragon's Throat I have seen more of the world. I do not live in the same state of permanent blissful happiness that I did before. I have grown in maturity. I have came to terms with a lot of things that I had previously refused to accept. I have lost and gained friends. Africa. Nasreen. Kvothe. Ink. I miss them each dearly. Each of their names is a blessing and a curse upon my heart. I have no physical reminder of most of them. I only have the glass feather that Nasreen crafted for me and the glowing acorn Ink had given to me.

Anka hops and skips throughout our walk to the Dragon's Throat. While I overturn memories from my former friends Anka overturns every rock that catches her interest. Sometimes she drops off behind me and other times she dashes ahead. I smile gently whenever she scoops up an insect in her paws. I stop to watch her as she stands on her back legs and waddles over to show me her new friend. Carefully she lifts the top paw to give me a view of the beetle. Words still cannot be passed along our bond but I can feel her wonder at the beetle. I nod to her in agreement that what she has found is cool but before I have even finished the nod completely she stuffs the poor insect into her mouth.

I snort in surprise and my nose wrinkles in disgust as she eats it. The otter chirps at my reaction and bounds in circles around me as I begin walking again. "What am I to do with you, Anka?" There is laughter in my voice. My heart is warmed by the affection she sends through our bond and I send the same message of love to her.

Anka's running about wears her energy down and soon she is sending images of my back to me. I halt long enough to lower a wing for her to climb across and to give her time to get settled and then I move into a smooth canter. We are close to the Dragon's Throat! I do not bring a new member as apology for my absence; only myself and my companion, but I don't want to stay away from the herd for any longer. If it is as I remember I will be accepted as I am. I am ready to move towards making something of myself.

Anka holds on tightly to my music box collar and I fly across the gap that separates us from our home. I land on the other side and I stand patiently. Despite being an old member I will wait to be accepted once more to prevent any possible hostility.

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
[REJOINING] Breathe and Be Calm - by Rei - 01-29-2016, 01:58 PM
RE: [REJOINING] Breathe and Be Calm - by Einarr - 01-29-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: [REJOINING] Breathe and Be Calm - by Rei - 01-31-2016, 12:13 AM
RE: [REJOINING] Breathe and Be Calm - by Einarr - 02-07-2016, 11:20 AM