the Rift

[PRIVATE] Brother where art thou?

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Rhoa
Like ships in the night

Ivezho appeared with the easy grace that always seemed to follow him around. Familiarity too, it seemed, also buffeted on his wings, for I scarcely even felt my breath hitch at the sound of his voice.

"A yalli..." A child - My words tumbled out of my mouth before Ivezho could even get himself situated. I of course don't know that he is aware - that he put the pieces together in the meadow, and even found Glacia afterwards. And so my tone sounds more like an undertaking delivering bad news, than a brother wishing to rehash some old information. "Glacia mi loshat-" Glacia carries my child. But ah, he won't know her (I wrongly assume). I shake my head, as if removing the word and its misuse. "A mare I met only once ... once in a world that felt like a dream. That is to say, it didn't feel real. I know of course how absurd that sounds now, and I don't mean to excuse myself of the consequences but -" My sharp sea-green gaze rose to find Ivezho's. I searched in his eyes for something that would make this better, something that could ease this anxiety and near-regret. I couldn't be a father. I wasn't ready. I was still a boy, and Glacia a girl. We had been for each other what we needed in the moment, but now?

"I can't be a father gaezo. I'm not ready. I-" couldn't even finish my sentence. The grief and weight of what I had done and what was to come was upon me, relentlessly holding me within the grip of responsibility and something which felt very similar to doom. 

What was I to do?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Brother where art thou? - by Rhoa - 02-04-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: Brother where art thou? - by Ivezho - 02-06-2016, 06:45 AM
RE: Brother where art thou? - by Rhoa - 02-19-2016, 09:42 PM
RE: Brother where art thou? - by Ivezho - 02-20-2016, 10:39 PM
RE: Brother where art thou? - by Rhoa - 02-21-2016, 12:02 PM
RE: Brother where art thou? - by Ivezho - 02-28-2016, 05:09 AM