the Rift

[OPEN] Can we go back?

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I smiled after I asked if everything was alright because of course it was. The day was beautiful, he was back in the Throat, there were no battles raging, everything seemed to be perfect. So when he started to say, what I assumed to be, No my smile faltered and began to fade. No? What could possibly be wrong? was someone hurt? Was he leaving me again? "Rhoa...?" I murmured his name quietly and I reached my muzzle out to him because I could see it in his eyes, then. Panic? "Rhoa, whats...?"

"I ... am going to be a father."

My smile disappeared completely and I stood staring at Rhoa for a few minutes, just letting the words sink in. He was going to be a father. A father. "...oh..." I whispered. There was a foreign feeling bubbling in my chest. Jealousy? Sadness? A mixture of the two? But why should I feel jealous or sad that Rhoa was going to be a father? It wasn't like I had any claim over him as anything more than a friend. Even if there was that part of me that wanted something more, I still had no claim.

Nothing.

He... he probably needed comfort. Encouragement. He probably needed to be told that he was going to be a great father to ease his panic.

Instead of telling him I bit my tongue and stared.

A father.

"A father?" I whispered and I tried to put on a smile because I shouldn't feel the weight of sadness. Becoming a parent, I imagined, was supposed to be a happy thing. I should congratulate him, I kept telling myself. I should tell him that he'll be wonderful. I should be happy or excited or anything else but this mixture of sadness and jealousy.

"Um..." I mumbled. "Who...? Who is she? Do I know her?"

Please, don't let it be someone I know.

"."

you won't forget the heavy steps it took to let it go
close your eyes, count to ten, hold your breath and fly
image credits

@Rhoa

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Can we go back? - by Rhoa - 02-05-2016, 02:46 PM
RE: Can we go back? - by Ranjiri - 02-05-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: Can we go back? - by Rhoa - 02-05-2016, 03:14 PM