the Rift

[JUDGED] ad victoriam [vol vs aquila]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

Whatever the word is that comes out of her mouth, he's pretty sure it's bad. A satisfied growl bursts free from his jaws as his hoof collides with her face and rips one of the fins that sit there, and his structure beneath her foot seems to confuse her as well. He swiftly bids it to crumble, its purpose complete.

Then, he sees her horn, glimmering like a great dagger on her head. He realises how compromising his position is, how that wicked barb could slice into his tender undersides and spill his steaming innards out onto the shiny sand, how she could carve him open like prey...

His heartbeat seems to increase tenfold, and he watches the scene almost from outside his body with an impassioned, half-interested eye. This will hurt.

But no. He will not simply stand and allow himself to be ravaged by the fish-mare; a great warrior like him does not submit to the inevitable! He fights until the end, rages against the dying of the light, kicks and screams and rises victorious against all odds. With a savage stallion's roar, the behemoth bunches the fearsome muscles of his hindquarters and throws his body into reverse. He begins to lower his almighty bulk downwards, and this saves him from having his underbelly ripped open by the mare's horn; instead, her curved weapon cuts into his lower chest, the gap between his forelegs. It creates a long, thin gash that spurts blood onto the glimmering sand below, and the pain is exquisite, bidding the brute to lace his ears into his mane and roar his fury. But it is infinitely preferable to having his entire underside ripped asunder, and he thanks the Gods for that small mercy.

He would be a fool not to take advantage of his current position, however, and as he descends he kicks out with his forelegs again. This time, he aims to crush his massive hooves downwards onto her shoulders, to try and make her front end buckle down towards the ground. Again, he leads more with his right than his left, as his left is still throbbing from her previous attack; he still uses it, but puts less force behind it than he does with his right. With his formidable weight, coupled with his downwards motion, he hopes he can bring her to her knees.

Despite the pain, he still feels a delightful thrill at the path this battle has taken. She is a fierce, unique opponent, one who is certainly quite capable of landing a solid blow to his body and ego alike. Woman she might be, but a pushover she is not. In addition, fighting in the flat expanse of this peculiar landscape has helped improve his general knowledge of the battlefield, and whatever the result he thinks he will take quite a lot from this particular clash. He learns from any fight he partakes in, win or lose; this is the only way he will improve and rise to claim the throne he knows he deserves.

But he is not done just yet. His dragons forbid it.

Simultaneously to Volterra's attack, Vérzés begins to descend. Vadir remains where she is, thinking her brothers have it covered; she is content to watch, and observe her mind-partners at work. She is young, and still getting to know the men she is bonded to. She is a queen, after all, and possesses all the refinement of one; where Vérzés and Volterra throw themselves headlong into any task, she is more careful, more controlled, more calculating. Where they live off their emotions and instincts, she lives off her sharp, sharp mind and the dark machinations that lurk within.

The red swoops low, advancing on the mare like a crimson bullet; he aims to approach from behind, his eyes locked on her tail. Hopefully without giving any warning of his presence, the dragon attempts to wrap his jaws around the part of Aquila's tail just below the deadly barbed tip. At Volterra's command, he does not aim to snap his target completely - the stallion forbids this, as it is just a spar and she does not deserve such a brutal punishment - but he does aim to crush it quite considerably between his hooked fangs.

After all, woman she may be, but Volterra and his dragons all want to defeat her. They are built for war, for victory, and the primal emotions that ripple through the stallion drive him to crush all foes placed in his path - even mares. Asserting his authority over them ensures they know that it is his right to bed them, and who is to say this queer fish-mare won't fall victim to his rogueish charms and the fierce strength of his body?

Teaching spar for @Aquila!

Great fight smitty! <3

3/3 - 797 words

I AM THE RUMOUR ON EVERYONE'S LIPS
I AM THE CURSE ON YOUR GIRLFRIEND'S HIPS
ART: DARK

Teaching notes:

Spelling/grammar - This post was particularly beautiful. Some of your sentences, like 'Beneath the sea, blood billows out into the salt water, taking delicate and beautiful shapes— artwork dedicated to those who succeed in the martial arts' had me going WOW. You're a really good writer, and as I've said in my previous posts, this part doesn't need any work. You've done a great job :D

Emotion - Again, you did great with this part. I especially loved her anger when her fin got damaged, along with her ongoing musings about fighting on land compared to in the sea. Considering this is one of your first fights with her, you seem to know her really well, so you should score highly in this part of the fight. She's a super unique character who I imagine it must be hard to fight with, but you handled it really well.

Attacks - I really liked her attack in this post. I loooove brutal attacks to the squishy bits, and I can definitely see her motivation behind the more heavy-handed attack after he hurt her fin. However, as you mention in the post, it's a dangerous technique, as she's now under him and liable for him to slam down on her with his hooves. I like how you noted this in your post as well! I think you described the attack really well, I could completely understand her intentions and what she was trying to do.

Attack-wise, I think this was definitely your strongest post out of the three :)

Damage taken - You took the damage quite well here, by having her fin get badly damaged. A 4 roll is quite a big hit when you take into account Vol's damage stat, so you were right to take quite a lot of damage. Obviously there's that fine line between taking too MUCH damage as well, especially since he was kicking towards such a valuable area (her head), but you handled it really well.

The only thing you didn't incorporate was the sand and blood flying off his leg - I would have liked her to react to this in some way, by narrowing her eyes to prevent it going in them, or by taking some damage from it (such as having her vision blurred). I also would have liked her to remark on the pain of the attack - she just notes that it hit, but doesn't seem to take any pain from it. If this is because she doesn't feel pain in that particular area, then you could have had her think this during the post.

Other than that, though, I think you took the right amount of damage for the attack :)

Other - You've done a great job in this fight. Grammar and emotionwise, your posts have been totally fine, the only things I can see to work on is the specification of attacks, which you'd already improved on by your last post. Everything else is great, so yay! :D This was a really fun fight and you did really well!

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
ad victoriam [vol vs aquila] - by Volterra - 02-13-2016, 01:45 PM
RE: ad victoriam [vol vs aquila] - by Aquila - 02-21-2016, 12:48 AM
RE: ad victoriam [vol vs aquila] - by Volterra - 02-27-2016, 12:26 PM
RE: ad victoriam [vol vs aquila] - by Aquila - 03-08-2016, 10:09 PM
RE: ad victoriam [vol vs aquila] - by Volterra - 03-19-2016, 03:00 PM
RE: ad victoriam [vol vs aquila] - by Aquila - 04-01-2016, 02:27 AM
RE: ad victoriam [vol vs aquila] - by Volterra - 04-19-2016, 03:37 PM
RE: ad victoriam [vol vs aquila] - by Aquila - 05-11-2016, 10:24 AM
RE: ad victoriam [vol vs aquila] - by Official - 07-04-2016, 11:08 AM