the Rift

[PRIVATE] doesn't mean we're bound for life [kaj]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Drowning my thoughts out with sounds

The pain had been quietly chased away by the winter chill of starlit water and sad blue eyes, shared warmth of bodies that ached at the thought of continuing on into this unfair life. The weight had lifted a little from his shoulders after that quiet dawn-lit morning, but as always it had slowly started to settle down once more. Pressing upon his bones until he seemed to always ache. His ruined left limb, so freshly taken from him, throbbed fiercely with the arrival of Frostfall in a way he'd never experienced. A cloud of mist clung to his whiskers, tired blue eyes gazing out across the snow-dusted barren trees. He wished desperately for a companion in these moments, someone to share his thoughts with. He merely looked mad otherwise, talking aloud to himself. 

But he was unbearably lonely. His herd hated him, the one mare that could love him had been hurt and spurned by Other Kaj's apparent cowardice, Cirrus had returned as if nothing had changed in her long absence, and his friends had dwindled into so few numbers that he feared they would eventually slip between his fingers like sand. He had found a temporary, understanding sanctuary in Sohalia, and he wished he could go there nightly. Spend the rest of his days in the chill of that ink-black liquid, sharing each other's burdens, cleansing themselves. Purifying themselves. 

What am I doing, any longer?

What use was his crown when those below him cast stones, never caring to even speak a word to him or get to know him, while they eternally hoisted Archibald upon their shoulders? How blind and hateful could they possibly be? Without the emotional experience to temper his rage into self-hatred, he is bitter and disgusted with his herd and their narrow minds. I saved you all, he thinks darkly. You cannot complain about our actions while you live in these lands, using our resources and offering nothing of yourself in return. You are leeches, and I have no more blood to give you. I've shed it all on your behalf.

With a sharp noise of negativity the stallion turns and paces towards the borders, nowhere left to go and nothing to do for the evening. 

Until a sparking, glowing bird descends from the skies towards him. And Kaj follows. 

He is only half surprised to see Sohalia, for some reason. But he welcomes it, gliding down sharply to land in the thin snow before her, his heart crying with gladness. She who understood him, who had felt and experienced the weight of his burdens and not rejected him for it. "Sohalia," he said softly, muzzle extending towards her with a quiet, tentative hopefulness. "What do you need?" it was a gentle inquiry, because he'd sworn to always be there for her in her hour of need. Was that why she was here?

Image Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: doesn't mean we're bound for life [kaj] - by Kaj - 03-01-2016, 10:37 PM