the Rift

[PRIVATE] doesn't mean we're bound for life [kaj]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Drowning my thoughts out with sounds

Whatever storm she had encountered in the depths of her beautiful mind, Kaj strove to break through them, illuminate her in the light of his own ecstasy. A father. I'm going to be a father. The one thing held unattainable his entire life, handed to him so perfectly in the guise of a woman that did not intend to love him, but whom he understood and cherished nonetheless. Because his heart was too damaged to hand to anyone else, but she...she did not ask love from him. She asked only friendship, solace, a reprieve from the weight of the world that scarcely needed either of them. In a way it was perfect, neither asking more of the other than necessary. And though she trembled with her uncertainty, there was no need for her to do so. She had granted him his greatest wish, made his one goal in life a reality. He loved her for it. Already he loved the little life growing in the pale body of the regal once-queen standing before him, and he felt dizzy and lightheaded with his own euphoria. 

My child. Sweet, happy tears streaked down his face shamelessly, grinning so wide his cheeks ached. After eons of bitter, salted pain, they were a simplistic redemption. All his life's struggles and successes leading to this final moment when he could raise a tiny life, shelter and teach it, love it and prevent the pain of a rotted childhood that he had experienced. He had been handed the chance to make the world better through the force of his own love for a single child. Kaj would have quailed at the idea, but the force of his own love was a security blanket. He would die in a moment for his child, when it had not even blinked its eyes open or taken its first breath. So this is what it feels like, he realized in a swell of undefinable emotion, this is what love was always supposed to feel like.

Her wing lifted and Kaj stood in awe of the trust she displayed, the gentle swell of her sides unfitting the season - for a moment he panicked, knowing the child would suffer as greatly as he did, sharing the season of his own birth. But it didn't matter. Kaj would love his foal deaf, blind, impaired in any way. He would cross heaven and earth, throw himself into every plane of existence, submit himself before the Goddess herself for punishment of his defiance if it meant healing the child he loved. Gentle nares reached forward to trace the curve of Sohalia's skin, cheeks wet and lips quivering with emotion. You are so close but so far, my love, he wanted to whisper, but did not know how Sohalia would receive it. 

Her insecurities as he finally - reluctantly - pulled away was not something Kaj had expected. His own fortitude would have to carry her through, for while Kaj knew the mistakes parenthood could bring about, he would throw himself forth into this endeavor with the purest and most sincere of hearts. Gentle blue eyes gazed down upon the goddess before him, face soft and handsome, hoping to inspire trust in her. 

"Actions of the past only make us wiser for the future, my dear," he rumbled softly, though his gaze was sympathetic. He could not understand the pain of her past, the connection she held with her children - this was his first child. But he could try. "You will not fail us. I am here, I will be here, and my herd as well. The child will know only the greatest depths of love, I assure you." He couldn't make the vow for her that she would be there to see it, that she wouldn't run. Kaj knew too deeply the reasons why they ran, why they left him with his broken heart and the gaping silence of their passing. But he knew that the child would never be without him. Until death claimed him, he would be at his child's side. 

"We can't predict whether we will be good enough," Kaj said softly. "All we can do is try our best." 

Image Credits

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: doesn't mean we're bound for life [kaj] - by Kaj - 03-17-2016, 09:22 PM