the Rift

[PRIVATE] Failure [Moon Goddess]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky

"You have not failed your quest-" The Goddess' disembodied voice broke through the harsh silence. "You have failed yourself. Your herd." The pale figure, shimmering out of seemingly nothingness, held her piercing gaze upon her healer. She did not need to peer into Alysanne's mind to know what part of the quest had tripped her up, what part she had failed. Without pausing to let Aly answer, the Goddess continued. "Do you think me cruel, Alysanne? That I would just give you idle tasks to wound your soul, with no benefit? Did I not tell you that this was all done to teach you something? Or did you merely think that the lesson was to show you your own weakness?" The Goddess paused, caught in a tangle of emotion. She was bitterly disappointed in Alysanne, but that disappointed stemmed from a pride that she held and coveted for her herd alone. Alysanne was a child of the Moon - for seasons now. The Goddess had not, as she had clearly said that she had not, given Alysanne this task to spite her. It was to strengthen her.

Ears against her svelte skull, the Goddess raised her nose into the air, inhaling deeply. As she did so, a lush calm seemed to fall over her, and her features softened somewhat.

"Answer me this. Would you run through a circle of fire - burning yourself knowingly as you went - if it meant saving someone on the other side?" The Goddess' tones were no longer angry, but poignant and instructive.

Image Credit

@[Alysanne]

Messages In This Thread
Failure [Moon Goddess] - by Alysanne - 03-19-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by God of the Moon - 03-25-2016, 09:56 AM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by Alysanne - 03-26-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by God of the Moon - 03-26-2016, 04:48 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by Alysanne - 03-26-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by God of the Moon - 04-18-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by Alysanne - 04-20-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by God of the Moon - 04-24-2016, 10:57 AM