the Rift

[PRIVATE] Failure [Moon Goddess]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
we heal with love,
She hadn’t expected that reaction from the Goddess - the disembodied voice giving words that shocked her, feeling as though each were a physical blow against her and she winced as though they were. The idea that she had failed her herd was what hurt most of all. Alysanne should know better than to make any assumptions about what the Goddess thought or believed because of course she could not even begin to fathom it. The idea that she had failed herself, failed her herd, instead of just the quest was one that she had considered before but Alysanne adopted the guilt readily, her green eyes shutting against the shame that washed over her as her black head lowered.

How could she even begin to apologize for her failure, no matter how many times she said those words? She did not get a chance to right then, however, as the Goddess appeared before her - shimmering into being, and Alysanne felt the same pang upon seeing Her. This incredible, ethereal being who was radiating disappointment. Her next words were a surprise, furthering the mare’s feeling of incompetency, of failure.

She raised her head - not completely, every line and muscle of her body one of apology and submission - with this surprise, so that she could look upon the Goddess with ease. Confusion clouded her sad green eyes as the words as she found her voice once more. “I... thought you wanted me to see the error of my wish. That you disagreed with the magic I sought and thought it would be better if I failed… I am so sorry for not understanding.” She had thought the goddess wanted her to fail - thought that had been the whole point. Give her a series of tasks she would find impossible so that she would see how wrong she had been to want to take away pain from others.

But, it would seem, she had been wrong.

Alysanne’s unsettled heart blinded her to so much lately - it was hardly surprising.

The next question, the tone with which it was spoken, made the Moon Doctor feel like little more than a child being taught a lesson by her mother. “I would.” The words were quiet but came out in a rush, without hesitation, and even in the moments after when she thought about it she knew they were true. Every time.

alysanne

@Mythical Request  .
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Failure [Moon Goddess] - by Alysanne - 03-19-2016, 07:36 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by God of the Moon - 03-25-2016, 09:56 AM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by Alysanne - 03-26-2016, 04:00 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by God of the Moon - 03-26-2016, 04:48 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by Alysanne - 03-26-2016, 09:21 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by God of the Moon - 04-18-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by Alysanne - 04-20-2016, 07:04 PM
RE: Failure [Moon Goddess] - by God of the Moon - 04-24-2016, 10:57 AM