the Rift

[OPEN] Spice up Your Life

Johnny Posts: 161
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 13 hh :: 10 years
Jellybean :: Common Griffin :: Molten Dagger Sarah
sweet, sugar, candyman

How do you even teach something to fly when you don’t have wings? It’s a problem I’ve been facing for a while - got a little bit of help but this is a long-term issue. Apparently she’s not just going to magically learn how to fly in a single afternoon? God, how to all of these pegasi do it? It looks exhausting just thinking about it. Which is why I’m lying down, watching her. I know that there’s nothing that I can do to actually help aside from providing emotional support. I tried running around with her - even tried jumping over some rocks and ‘flying’ for a few moments to give her a little bit of inspiration, but all she did was laugh at me.

So I’m lying here.

I’ve nestled myself comfortably in the snow, actually keeping my legs beneath me this time. I’m not just lazing about with no reason - I’m paying attention.

Although she isn’t. Now that Birdsong is sneaking up, a few of the migratory birds are back in the area and they’re tweeting away in the trees and it’s proving to be quite the distraction for my little companion. Her bird half is chirping back to them - trying to mimic their calls and sometimes even succeeding - while her puppy half is lying flat on the little boulder we had picked out. It was a good height - tall enough that she could get some lift or whatever she needs but not tall enough that she would hurt herself when she fell. Which had happened a couple times already so there were a few Jellybean-sized imprints in the snow where she had been leaping off. A couple times, those pink-lined wings had beat furiously and been rewarded by a little bit of air only for her to fall back down again.

Apparently she was taking a break now, which I can appreciate, but it felt like she had been taking a break forever. What a slacker!

I have no idea where she got that from.

for @Rift, @Aleta, and @Agnodice :D
[Image: Johnny%20by%20Aud_zpsi3ssx2s1.gif]
magic and physical force permitted at all times
vigorous licking strongly encouraged
please tag in all posts

Messages In This Thread
Spice up Your Life - by Johnny - 03-25-2016, 08:18 PM
RE: Spice up Your Life - by Agnodice - 03-27-2016, 12:03 PM
RE: Spice up Your Life - by Aleta - 03-29-2016, 11:39 PM