the Rift

[PRIVATE] Never Look Back

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

His eyes were wild, his heart rising and dropping inconsistently with every second. When he dared to hear it he could only do so for a second, for the pulsing drove him mad and the excitement he felt was laden, too, with guilt.

Rhea asked good questions, ones that Ashamin hadn't really thought of an answer for. He stood shocked for a moment, his ears fell back as if he were defeated, but he then refocused. No, he couldn't give in just like that. And she hadn't either, in fact, she had agreed to wait. That was something, now he just needed to give her a solid reason why.

In the bitter cold, his voice shook and almost seemed to disappear. Somehow, though, the Clovenheart got the words out. "We're going to build a collective. Independents, sharing knowledge and defending themselves out here. There have to be others like us, Rhea, looking for a home that isn't like... this," he explained, gesturing towards the basin and the cold all around them. "Let's find them, let's gather together the Unbound in these wilds and make something of ourselves. "

She asked him where else to wait with good reason, but in his excitement he found himself losing sight of the map he'd build, forgetting all geography. The blood falls were both close and the first place he thought of; besides, it was a site of turmoil, a place where he'd staked his independence. "I'll meet you in the Blood Falls, just south of here. In time I'll try to bring others, maybe you can do the same, but for now I'll just get my affairs in order with the Basin." He paused, wanting once more to extend his touch but not sure how she would respond. Rhea seemed guarded—quick to look at turn away from his warmth.

But even if she had her walls up, Ashamin figured he had to at least try. "Thank you,"the Clovenheart almost whispered, just loud enough to hear above the wind. Then he extended his nose once more, hoping to brush it by her cheek, and turned to leave and face the snow. In the blood falls, they would meet again.

""

Credit

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Never Look Back - by Rhea - 04-05-2016, 10:33 PM
RE: Never Look Back - by Ashamin - 04-23-2016, 10:40 AM
RE: Never Look Back - by Rhea - 04-27-2016, 09:31 PM
RE: Never Look Back - by Ashamin - 05-02-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: Never Look Back - by Rhea - 06-14-2016, 08:05 PM
RE: Never Look Back - by Ashamin - 06-16-2016, 09:51 AM
RE: Never Look Back - by Rhea - 06-16-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: Never Look Back - by Ashamin - 06-28-2016, 10:25 AM