the Rift

[OPEN] This way, that way, over there, wrong way

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie
Not the five feet of water to your chin

I’m still laughing inside as she asks me if I’m really Deimos’ nephew, and I can’t help but smile in a way that might just give a way the fact that I’m not, even before I say so.

"Not exactly," I answer, looking overhead at the trees and the Sun (it’s like stars up ahead in this forest, stars drowned out by the light of fire) for a moment before looking back at her, "he’s my best friend’s dad. And he and my parents know each other really well."

I think he likes my dad. He even likes me, from the last time I saw him, and my memories of growing up under his protection. I don’t know what happened between the Reaper and mother that made either of them look like someone was forcing them to eat snails, or something else horrible, anytime they saw one another. All I do know is that’s how they looked, even though they were both supposed to be on the same side, even more than herd mates and leaders.

They were both at that secret meeting, that night.

I smile at her stated conundrum; I’d been lost a time or two, though never in Helovia. Even if I had been lost here, I don’t think I’ve had the sense to notice like I did when I was lost elsewhere in Loorien.

"I was born there, yeah," I say, smiling, eager to share a little bit more now that she’s asked (because I like talking about me, after all), "but I left about half a year ago, and before then too. They shouldn’t mind me helping you home, I wouldn’t think."

Glancing at her sidelong, my tail sways playfully in an elegant arc, excited to see the mountain again now that the reality that we’re really going has settled in.

"Let us go then, m’lady!" I laugh, springing into a graceful trot and weaving my way northward through the trees.

but the inch above the tip of your nose.

@Fiachra

Messages In This Thread
RE: This way, that way, over there, wrong way - by Rikyn - 05-09-2016, 11:53 AM