the Rift

[OPEN] Innocence of Spring

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

The pilgrimage that Mesec was taking across Helovia with Lucius was as much to keep himself worn out as it was to keep his mind occupied. They sought out places where happier memories existed - seeking out those that were not tainted. He wouldn’t go home, if the Throat was still home, not yet - but losing himself in the caves and using them as a temporary cage just in case it emerged was a drastic and daunting option. And even down there, there was no guarantee no blood would be spilt.

So they wandered, and today they came across the great rotunda - with its stone archways and gently blowing curtains. With effort, Mesec only allowed the fond, warm memories of his last reunion with Roskuld fill his mind -  a time before the warg, before Lucius even. It was so hard to believe that Ros and Lucius had not yet met. The zephyr had become such a huge part of him since being given that beautiful, daunting egg.

It was warm, a temporary respite in a Frostfall that was stretching too long, and though it seemed to trick many of the creatures into believing Birdsong had come, Mesec sought the refuge of the rotunda anyway. Perhaps he only wanted to be in the exact place where his memories had happened, so he could let himself be lost within them.

Of course, he wasn’t the only one drawn here.  

Immediately, it was his intention to retreat, to get himself out of the situation that the had accidentally stumbled into. What was the point in isolating himself to protect others if he wasn’t going to uphold the isolation? He was putting this stranger in danger simply by existing (and, ironically enough, the guilt and sadness at that conclusion threatened to let loose the monster that was hidden inside of his heart). He had been keeping himself as weak as he dared - always moving, rarely eating - the delicate lines of his ribs showing from months of neglect so there’d be less energy for the warg if it showed.

Lucius, however, had other plans. He had been hunting in the woods nearby, taking advantage of this temporary warmth to catch creatures caught unaware, but swooped into the rotunda and flew low near the pale blue mare before circling into the ceiling above her - crying out with a friendly and playful noise.

With a brief roll of his silver eyes, Mesec cleared his throat discreetly before speaking up from his spot near one of the archway entrances. “Sorry about him, Lucius likes to make new friends for me.” Which normally couldn’t be further from the truth - the zephyr seemed to find worthy friends few and far between - but lately he had been growing less picky. He had been drawn to the smile of this strange, sky-coloured mare, and Mesec felt the same effect. He took a hesitant step forward with an equally hesitant smile on his own face. “Incredible, isn’t it?” He asked, gesturing to the structure they stood within.

and that's me, that's me, the boy with the broken halo
that's me, that's me ________________ the devil won't let me be

artwork by the fabulous tamme

my boy is so good at conversation starters xD
@Adria (let me know if you'd prefer not to be tagged?)
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Innocence of Spring - by Adria - 04-13-2016, 07:58 PM
RE: Innocence of Spring - by Mesec - 04-17-2016, 12:12 AM
RE: Innocence of Spring - by Adria - 04-17-2016, 10:10 AM
RE: Innocence of Spring - by Mesec - 04-25-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: Innocence of Spring - by Adria - 06-07-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: Innocence of Spring - by Mesec - 07-24-2016, 04:42 PM