the Rift

[OPEN] Nomadic Penchant

Agnodice Posts: 70
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2hh :: 8
Herophilos :: Plain Black Dragon :: Toxic Breath prissy

a new world, material without being real,

where poor ghosts, breathing dreams like air, drifted fortuitously about

They followed the wind, wandering with it's push and pull, though inevitably ending up where their hearts belonged. Her hooves were sore, her body weary from traveling so much. She had taken to exploring Helovia further, just to introduce her companion to the land. She didn't know it well herself, but she found it important to know it nonetheless. Having Hero around gave her the perfect excuse to explore Helovia more, for her companion was as eager to learn as she was.

He had grown greatly in the season since she'd first met him. He used to be a scraggly looking reptile with leathery, useless looking wings and a bright, open mind. His body had grown, his muscles hardened, his wings became useful and used often. His mind was still open, though it now possessed a small wealth of knowledge, most notably of herbs.

He liked the study of herbs as much as she did.

He clutched a piece of willow bark in one claw, a flower from her mane in the other. He trilled upon his perch on her withers, waving the willow as if to say, 'I haven't lost it yet! I know it's important and I still have it!' She tilted her head to the side and offered her companion a tired, though genuine, smile before turning back to the route ahead.

She pricked her tulip shaped ears forward, the dainty tips kissing their mate. Waterfalls. They were close. She quickened her pace, picking up a sweeping trot and leaving a flourishing trail of flowers and petals in her wake as they fell from their hold in her hair. Hero chirped from his post, tucking the willow into her long curtain of mane so he could use his claw to grip a lock for balance.

The doctor leapt across the border, smiling, happy to be home and happy for it to be spring. She trotted forward a bit farther into the herdland, breathing in the familiar smell of home as she wound her leonine tail around her hocks. Home. A gust of wind blew through her hair, sending even more petals and flowers scattering the area around her. But she was in a happy mood, and smiled at the departing petals.

Snap. Crack.

She flicked an ear to the side, her dragon poking his head up from the nest of ebony hair he had made in her mane. A girl stood not to far from them, a pegasus, covered in feathers like no other she had ever known. So obviously the duchess had to investigate. Well, maybe she wouldn't directly do so first. She would order Hero do it instead.

The little dragon obeyed orders. Though he could be a ditzy creature and occasionally misunderstood her meaning, he would always do whatever she told him to do. She hung by a tree, watching the pegasus girl, leaning on the bark for support as her dragon listened intently to her orders. Once he thought he understood he leapt from his perch, sailing through the wind to the girl's side, a flower from Agnodice's mane still clutched in his claw.

He trilled a greeting to the girl, hovering by her head and extending his claw out, offering the flower (though he did so with a twinge of sadness - the flower was a soft, pink lily, one of his favorites to look at).

agnodice & herophilos

Image Credits | Background Credit

who let me write a post at midnight again
whatevs hope you don't mind me throwing these two in :D @Ru
[Image: 5694548be0939]
You’d stick the world into your bedside lane
It’s boredom makes you callous to all pain

Messages In This Thread
Nomadic Penchant - by Ru - 05-02-2016, 01:44 AM
RE: Nomadic Penchant - by Agnodice - 05-08-2016, 11:41 PM
RE: Nomadic Penchant - by Ru - 05-21-2016, 03:59 PM