the Rift

[PRIVATE] Past Poison

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen

The hunter does his best, but of course it isn't enough. Not here, in a land where a rift god burst through and brought chaos into the world with obvious and determined wretchedness. Knox couldn't focus in this maze, couldn't stay on top of the task at hand. Even if it was the same task as always, nowadays. Seek. Find. Blind. Bring.

Still, with as simple a formula as that laid out before him, Knox fails. The blinding magic lasts but only for a second before his focus is lost and the smoke coils back as if animate--as if upset. The hunter's teeth snap shut, narrowly missing his tongue, and the cloak he's kept up as an extra layer of protection falls with their clack. Luckily his third barrier is up, and so when the light falls and he appears in full behind the mare he had sought he does not appear as himself, but rather Janos.

The young pony mutt is anything but threatening. He stands behind the mare and nickers softly, his stance more submissive than anything else. Maybe not the best choice, but the one that Knox has made.

"I'm sorry, I..." the hunter pauses, playing at his half-father's like a true actor, and then goes on. "I didn't mean to startle you, please, don't be scared, I... I just meant..." Another  pause, another hesitation. Janos' clear blue eyes stare at the mare, hoping she'll turn and accept him. After all, it's supposed to be her idea, isn't it?

"I'm Janos, miss. I was ordered to take you to my home. To the Hidden Falls."

And then there is that blissful, innocent, stupid silence of waiting. Janos, little more than a child, has to try and seem as if he's come to take her home.

img © nereis01

@Aelfwine

Messages In This Thread
Past Poison - by Aelfwine - 05-04-2016, 11:51 PM
RE: Past Poison - by Knox - 05-12-2016, 06:54 PM
RE: Past Poison - by Aelfwine - 05-19-2016, 01:19 AM
RE: Past Poison - by Knox - 06-22-2016, 01:02 PM
RE: Past Poison - by Aelfwine - 07-10-2016, 07:45 PM