the Rift

[PRIVATE] you underestimate me [birthing]

Kianzo Posts: 95
World's Edge Sleuth
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3 hh :: 2
Keusi :: Striped Hyena :: Terrorize smitty
His twin, his other half, did not allow to stand alone for very long. And, as it should be, she rose in a similar fashion to his. There was no faltering of legs or wobbling of bodies between the two, gold-dipped foals. They were standing, together, mirrored faces with bright, bleary eyes trying to focus on their mother.

His small shoulder instinctively took the brush and lean of his sister’s slender one. And then she was moving, eager and active eyes drawing her towards the fallen, blurry, bloodied form that was their mother. The darkling prince shivered once as a chill from amnion-soaked skin settled through his newborn skin. But his attention was focused on sister. ’Kiada’ had been the sound coming from the being that pushed them into this world. So his soulmate was now known as Kiada.

He did not appreciate the magic that promised to flicker on his siblings spine, yet. He would, in time. But now, his long legs took wobbling (but certain) steps towards their dam— just as Kiada had. They had spent too many months alongside each other in mother’s womb to separate now. And they had been robbed of a month, unbeknownst to the prince. The beating their mother’s body had taken expelled them too early from the warm womb.

But no matter, the children of the Elephant King were apparently healthy. A sound, ‘Rexanna’? A large black and white form followed on the heels of the small, squeaking black and white form that had been their for his birth. He attempted a small snort— and, even in his infancy, succeeded halfway. What was this?

A cool wind suddenly chilled him further. It was cold and dark, taking away the red-tinge to all that was around him. The colt didn’t know how truly red this place was, though. Life inside Rexanna had been red, and so it was natural for life outside to be crimson-dyed as well. In time, he would come to know differently— though he would forever hold an affinity for the bloodied color.

Wet muzzle reached for his sister’s skin, finding her barrel as they waited for mother to satiate the gnawing pain within them. Tail flicking in time with her heartbeat, he waited with an innate impatience that was sure to trouble him later in life. But then mother was rising up, up— standing. And it was time for his sister and him to feast.

His leg stomped once— leading to a dangerous wobble— when Marembo first started cleaning them. But, finding that his skin grew warmer when cleared of the remanned of birth, he stilled and allowed the polecat to clean him as he fed.

Filled, his head dropped to look beneath Rexanna’s barrel at his sister. Beyond her, his unfocused newborn eyes saw a moving blob of white— but soon it was gone. He then reached his muzzle out, beneath mother’s deliciously full udder, to touch his sister once again. But was rewarded with a face-full of streaming, warm, sweet milk. The prince squealed, but remained by Rexanna’s flank.
Kianzo
I want the WORLD or NOTHING.
@Rexanna

Please tag Kianzo in all replies.

Messages In This Thread
you underestimate me [birthing] - by Rexanna - 06-13-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Kianzo - 06-13-2016, 07:32 AM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Kiada - 06-13-2016, 09:05 AM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 01:04 PM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Rexanna - 06-13-2016, 04:51 PM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Orithia - 06-13-2016, 05:25 PM
RE: you underestimate me [birthing] - by Alysanne - 06-13-2016, 09:38 PM