the Rift

[OPEN] [joining] frailty & fragility

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Refuge. Asylum. Sanctum. Only a fool wouldn't accept such an offer. But wasn't this something offered before? Back in a parallel world, before the earth was ripped apart by an unforeseen force, a husky voice had whispered, "You'll never have to worry about being betrayed again." Protection had been accepted back then under the false pretense that the help presented was true. Instead it was an excuse to be locked in a grand bird cage. "In here you'll be safe." And lonely. Oh, so lonely; a fact that had been conveniently left out.

Gods proved to be extremely possessive - obsessive - with what they claimed as there's. Questions and musings were not taken too kindly. So when the topic of seeing more of the world was brought up.. God forbid it had been brought up. All it brought was uncontrolled fury and envy. "This is how you repay my kindness? Your savior? You ungrateful brat!"

In this new land the Gods were less.. tainted. There auras were not dark nor chilling yet their power was undeniable. When brought to this land - when the Rift gave my pitiful life another chance I tried to show my appreciations. To these very lands I had followed him; a dapple grey stallion whom had offered me safe haven. Like lightning the memories had struck. Like a small, injured deer being tracked by a pack of wolves instincts yelled to fight or flight. The latter was chosen and the male was left there alone.

Indeed, I was selfish.

The images and memories plagued hazy sight. In every direction demons lurked with their glowing eyes. In fear of what Helovia's Gods may do if I left this new cage, I never once truly left the new lands. Instead hooves wandered over foreign terrain as essential needs were ignored. Where had I gone? I don't remember now: only the stench of fear and flashes of pictures. Mental had separated from the physical plane, retreating to an unknown place as the body was left as a mere husk. I do not know how I had survived, how I hadn't walked off of a high clifftop.

Awareness had struck me like a stampeding herd. Frail, weak, and disoriented I stumbled to the only place I could remember. The only place that had felt real during all of this. However, standing along the border's edge, no attempt was made to unveil my presence. Instead blue eyed ice over as they stared straight forward into the trees.

The proposal had probably long since been marked null and void. No one would welcome a mare whom had run away when mere inches away from being apart of the herd. Untrustworthy. Unkempt, sides exposing ribs, and knees buckling. Cuts and scars, some more recent than others, littered my body. Especially my legs. Useless. No pack needed a mare that was out of commission, one that could not pull their own weight.

However, my feet were ensnared to the ground and my body no longer incapable of moving. So I did all I could do and that was simply watch and silently await for the ruler of my fate to find me.

ooc;// trying to get back into her character <3 anyone is welcome to reply!

Messages In This Thread
[joining] frailty & fragility - by Evaneska - 06-27-2016, 03:12 AM
RE: [joining] frailty & fragility - by Syrena - 06-28-2016, 02:35 PM
RE: [joining] frailty & fragility - by Evaneska - 07-29-2016, 03:19 AM
RE: [joining] frailty & fragility - by Syrena - 08-02-2016, 09:41 AM