the Rift

[OPEN] [joining] frailty & fragility

Evaneska Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The leaves tried their best to filter the rays of the hot, blistering sun but the summer heat still pulsed and burned. It was uncomfortable and the humidity weighing down did naught to help the already heavy anxiety that dug into me. The shadows beckoned me to come closer, cooing and whispering wonderful temptations. They promised me a place to hide, a place where I could become invisible once more. Not only would I be protected from the sun's harsh and judging rays but from the harsh and judging world around me.

How tempting their offer was. It would be so easy to turn around and run away once again. Before anyone found me again I could be gone, the only sign that I was here being a scent that no one would surely recognize. I could disappear and return to my secluded outskirts where no one ever stumbled upon me, where no one could harm me but myself.

Wings twitched at the sound of approaching hooves. If I wanted to leave I must depart this instance: it was now or never. My brain was telling me to flee: run, run, run and don't look back. But, at the same time, I was just so tired.. So tired of all this wandering. So tired of being alone. Company terrified me yet loneliness did too. This contradiction brought hesitation with it and with hesitation came missed opportunities. My window to leave was now gone.

Hesitantly, I took a step back as a beautiful mare stepped approached. I looked away, eyes darting and focusing on anything but her. Here I was, a speck of dirt, being inspected by a woman with the looks of royalty. I feared she would demand me, a peasant, to leave. However, that was not the case. Instead a simple inquiry was made.

"Can I help you?"

That.. was certainly not what I was expecting. I dared to take a single peek at the beauty before fixating my gaze on my trembling hooves. Could she help me? I was not sure as I could not predict the future. There was also the fact that I couldn't even help myself. I was a living, breathing wreck - an accident that you couldn't turn your eyes away from.

All I could do was answer truthfully. “I do not know.” my voice cracked, rusty from lack of use. This was probably not what the mare wished to truly hear, though. “When the Rifts tore the worlds open and joined them together, even if only temporarily, a stallion by the name of Ciceron offered me asylum here.” Many details were left void but my throat felt numb as my brain churned for words that refused to come. All I could do was hope, with my head bowed, that this would be an adequate answer for now.

While my words remained even, soft and restrained, my heart throbbed with racing panic against my chest. I was on trial and, in the face of my judge, I appeared more like a foal than a full grown mare. Those taunting thoughts - what had recently been my only companions - returned and jeered at my depressed, yet destined, failure.

ooc;// yes please! would you also like to be tagged? also, sorry i've been so busy this reply is so late! things are starting to slow down ;-;
tag;// @Syrena

Messages In This Thread
[joining] frailty & fragility - by Evaneska - 06-27-2016, 03:12 AM
RE: [joining] frailty & fragility - by Syrena - 06-28-2016, 02:35 PM
RE: [joining] frailty & fragility - by Evaneska - 07-29-2016, 03:19 AM
RE: [joining] frailty & fragility - by Syrena - 08-02-2016, 09:41 AM