the Rift

[OPEN] A far off reason.

Ryouta Posts: 30
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: VIII HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
Receive the erased memories
And broken heart on the palm of my hand.
She came.

Like a thundrous summer storm hitting a peaceful meadow, the word tore across the silence and caused a shuddering hiss to utter from my lips, unbidden.  My head snaps toward her, caught off guard by her sudden approach as I gazed blindly into the reflection of my own hideous countenance.  Viewing her in a glare, my mismatched eyes clinging over the color of her coat, reminiscient of wooded trees in the shade and lines with dark, satin tresses.

I exhale, finding my moment of quiet self-loathing shattered by the reality that, while I am alone here, I could never be fully separated from the rest.  They crawled over the surface of the world, seeking out company, seeking the touch of flesh, the words of another.  My ears fall back on my skull, briefly, in my attempt to rein in the caustic words fluttering on the edge of my mouth.

I swallow them hard, feeling the acid of them burning the back of my throat on the way down, sparing her brilliant face.

She was definitely pretty, with jewel like emerald eyes contradicting the dull palette of the rest of her coat.  Yet, that pleasant visage does nothing to improve my mood.  If anything, I find her chirpy attitude and delicate, feminine body all the more annoying.  As with most women, I find myself at a loss of what to say in their presence, perhaps more so than those of my own gender.  It is no less a struggle with this pretty thing, with lively green eyes and bright smile.  "Hi," I say curtly, turning my head away from her, looking out over the glassy surface of the water.  My voice is dry and cracking from disuse, not accustomed to speaking much these days.

I am a grisly excuse for a companion, covered in the debris of my travel with a wild, unkempt appearance.  Yet, somewhere, I know that she will expect more from me that a gruff response, a hesitant acknowledgement of her existence.  "I'm Ryouta."  The name is offered to this wooden nymph, the silence following a silent invitation for her own.  I do not expect her to withhold the information, as most within the realm of Helovia seemed to be forthcoming with their names and other niceties.

I make the best attempt at a smile I can manage, but the expression is hollow.  The upturn of my lips radiates that which resides in my heart - ice and a great void.  The expression matches my eyes, though they glimmer with annoyance at her abrupt appearance still.

ooc -- No problem!  Ryouta is pretty rough to everyone, without prejudice.  xD
良克
RYOUTA
image credit to junklight at flickr.com

@Aelfwine

Messages In This Thread
A far off reason. - by Ryouta - 09-04-2016, 03:20 PM
RE: A far off reason. - by Aelfwine - 09-04-2016, 06:52 PM
RE: A far off reason. - by Ryouta - 09-04-2016, 08:53 PM
RE: A far off reason. - by Aelfwine - 09-04-2016, 10:06 PM
RE: A far off reason. - by Ryouta - 09-05-2016, 12:28 AM
RE: A far off reason. - by Aelfwine - 09-05-2016, 12:48 AM