the Rift

[PRIVATE] It's In My Head

Roux Posts: 57
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 5 :: Orangemoon HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Edison :: Red Kite :: Rage Semper
Hand on my heart allegiance to the night
Every star waits for the darkness to shine

A sigh slipped from charcoaled lips as the sting slowly began to ebb away, I was still cursing myself for having allowed myself to get so lost in thoughts that my surroundings had gone unnoticed. Bloodied ears remained pinned back into travel tangled tresses as I moped about in the moon soaked pool, I was so caught up in pouting that the mare who spoke up had gone nearly unnoticed. "This is why I bring Edison everywhere." I cursed myself for leaving the kite behind, napping happily on a branch in the borders of the Edge. Of course if there was ever a time that I needed him I could easily call him and he'd be here as quickly as his large wingspan could get him here.

My tarnished crown shifted upwards as her lyrics danced into my ear canals. "That sounded like a nasty fall." And there goes my dignity, any hopes of coming across as normal to this strange lady would be useless as she likely already assumed I was some kind of clumsy fool who couldn't even keep his legs under him. Snorting with irritation as myself I turned to face the moon bathed mare, relaxing slightly as nearly useless eyes settled upon the glittering tiara that pierced through her skull. "Are you alright?" Moon eyes drifted away from the mare and to where my bloodied knee would be, staining my ivory sock a crimson red if I hadn't been standing barrel deep in this pool.

Clearing my throat I looked back up to the mare, a crooked smile smacked across my features while I kicked myself for letting the strange lady see me at this weakened state. "It sounded worse than it was," I lied, I could tell from the blood that had poured from the wound in the short amount of time from where I had fallen to the body of water that this was a cut of a fair amount of deepness. Nothing I couldn't handle, but also nothing I was going to let this ghost know while I stood in the middle of a small body of water. "Thank you for your concern though Lady." I took a stride towards the pale lady, thankful for the rippling water that hid the slight lip that I held and fighting back the cringe from putting weight down on my knee. If she weren't here I would be stumbling around trying to find the kind of plant that I could pack it with until I got back to the Edge and could have one of the other medics look at it. But for now, I would have to grin and bear it until my company decided she was done with me.

"Roux, medic at the Edge of the World. Formerly of the Aurora Basin. Who do I have the pleasure of being in the company of tonight?" I offered another smile, stopping just far enough from the muddy banks that my knee was still submerged in the water. Hopefully she had children or a man to return home to and this meeting wouldn't last too long.

"Speech."

@Glasglow
whatadork
image credits :: falony
Now waking to the sun
I calculate what I had done
Like jumping from the bow
Just to prove that I knew how
</style>
pixel by nikkayla

Messages In This Thread
It's In My Head - by Roux - 10-03-2016, 02:54 PM