the Rift

[OPEN] earth and ice

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra
Syrena
let the water take me
Did any of them have purpose, really? It was a good question, and in truth, she wasn’t sure they did. Not in this form. Not as weak, mortal creatures who relied so heavily on the whims and wills of Gods. In her old life, she imagined perhaps she did serve a purpose. Perhaps in life, culling the weak willed from the world with nothing more than a beautiful song. Certainly in death, when she became part of the waves, the white froth that churned again and again on the sands. Would she still become part of the sea when she died, now that her powers were gone? Now that she was nothing?

They are questions she does not dwell on. Instead, she serves the Gods that took everything from her, hoping for scraps in return. Slowly finding that she does not dislike the work as much as she might have expected. Slowly finding that she can almost survive the company of others, though she does not yet make for good company herself. She’s gotten better, if you can believe, but this might be as good as it gets.

They accept her offer to come in, and she nods her head toward the Falls in the distance, and invitation to the see one of the larger falls that give this place it’s name. It is one of the easier ones to get too, not terrible far from the border, not situated down rocky, difficult paths. It is easy and safe, and where she takes most visitors.

“They have,” she says, trying her best to sound like she cares about such things as small talk. She turns and begins walking, checking to see if they actually intend to follow, and planning to stop if they don’t want to go further. “It is a often quiet here in Frostfall, the snow muffling all the sounds of life. But I don’t think I can complain to you of snow,” there’s a hint of humor in her voice, though like normal, it is mostly emotionless. But there’s something, and that’s a start.

“And the Basin?” she adds after a pause, realizing a hair too late that this is the appropriate follow up question. At least it wasn’t one of her typical long silences. She waits until they are done answering before adding, “Why have you come to seek me?”

"words"

darya87 | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Frost Fyre @Cassius

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
earth and ice - by Frost Fyre - 12-18-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: earth and ice - by Cassius - 12-18-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: earth and ice - by Frost Fyre - 12-19-2016, 12:54 AM
RE: earth and ice - by Syrena - 12-20-2016, 10:22 AM