the Rift

[PRIVATE] Oh daughter of mine

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

It was funny how the world worked, taking handfuls of her life away in one moment and doling out impossible gifts in the next. Areli had nearly given up hope of finding Parelia after a search that had taken her through much of Helovia, yet here she was before her, as real as anything. In her mother’s embrace, the girl inhaled deeply, reveling in the familiar scent of dried grasses and Penna. “I don’t know what happened Mama! It was…it was right after you left the Falls…” Here, her voice dropped to a hasty mumble, for the memory brought back feelings she had not yet resolved, “…I was playing with Bee in the Threshold, and it was Orangemoon, and when we left, somehow it…wasn’t? Or at least it seemed like more time had passed than we’d known—I hadn’t meant to go—“ Her voice broke again and she buried her face in her mother’s warm, damp neck once more. 

“I looked for you too, Mama. I went south as soon as I knew something had gone wrong. I found Illy, but I don’t think he had seen you either, ‘cause he didn’t tell me…” Her voice trailed off, remembering. “And then,” she continued mournfully, “I thought you might have gone home, and so I went to the Falls, but it…oh Mama, it’s gone, it’s all gone!!” And the sobs returned again, with greater force this time so that she was compelled to stop speaking and could only cry. At her side, Bee nudged her gently and wagged her tail, looking up at Parelia with sad brown eyes.

When her mother suggested that they join her in the World’s Edge, Areli’s sobs softened into distraught hiccups. It wasn’t the Falls, but if it was where Parelia lived now…she shrugged unhappily. What choice did she have? Her childhood home no longer was, her father was missing, and her remaining family was scattered across the herdlands that were left. It would never go back to the way that it was.

“I just want to be with you, Mama,” she finally replied. “I don’t want to lose you again.”

"speech"

OOC: Permission from Pare for slight PP c:
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth

@Parelia
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
Oh daughter of mine - by Parelia - 01-26-2017, 01:51 AM
RE: Oh daughter of mine - by Areli - 01-26-2017, 12:19 PM
RE: Oh daughter of mine - by Parelia - 01-27-2017, 03:12 AM
RE: Oh daughter of mine - by Areli - 02-03-2017, 03:35 PM