the Rift

[OPEN] Blue clues

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
It seemed to be happening increasingly more often, the dragonmare would find herself surrounded by youth, new blood, children. It was to be expected, she supposed, with the season of fertility having just passed, ( - on Helovia, anyway, she thought as a sidenote, constantly reminded of the time she had missed here - ), though thoughts of participating in such things herself had never been properly entertained.

The spider-webbed belle looked stunned - not an uncommon reaction - though no fear graced her features. Amaris wondered if she was familiar with dragons, such was the curiosity that seemed to fill her - such fascination the dragonmare had not witnessed since she first ever met Volterra.. Could she be? It wouldn't be the first offspring of the skull-marked Sultan she had met, though she was starting to wonder if he had sired an entire herd to himself. If he loves the act of child-making as much as he loves his dragons, then perhaps he has, she thought wryly to her beloved companion, who merely mentally huffed in response - the golden king had only his birth to remember an immense dislike for the great titan of a stallion, and then more recently, he barely had a chance to judge him for he had been distracted by Vadir. Stubbornness, draconic inclination, call it what you will - Dramyrth maintained his negative opinion of the stallion.

The girl spoke then, mentioned Kaos, and the dragonmare pricked her ears, absorbing what she could. This monument, this monolith, this great obsidian, ebony, bony structure was a remnant of the terror this new threat wrought upon the lands. In an instant, Amaris hated it, despised it, wanted to see it fall and crumble and burn like it had done to Helovians since its arrival. Though Amaris did not know the reason behind Kaos' arrival - perhaps if she had understood that this fiend arrived here as a direct result of the Helovian Gods' actions, she would be less brash in her loathing, and more.. understanding.

But then the girl called Amaris beautiful, and while Dramyrth sung a glorious, happy song in severe agreement, the dragonmare herself was left rather speechless. She wanted to say that she was 'used to others staring,' but not at her beauty, rather, at her queerness, her uniqueness, her.. What some would call, monstrous representation of worlds colliding in a most horrible way. But to be called beautiful? And so directly, so suddenly upon meeting another - "I -uh.." she stuttered, taken aback slightly, before catching herself, and smiling kindly, gratefully. "Thank you," she said warmly, truly meaning the words. "Your markings remind me of an old friend's;" she said softly, remembering the webbed stallion Lace with fondness and sadness, "he too had a kind heart."

Another approached, a smaller, younger still, lad, and Amaris could not help that her gaze lingered upon his appearance for perhaps a bit longer than was polite. Scales! she thought, wondering for a moment whether she had a long lost brother she did not know about - but no, great feathered wings stretched up from his shoulders, and his eyes, though eerily similar to a dragon's, seemed more lizard-like than anything else. The mare breathed, recovering quickly from the cascade of thoughts that ran through her tiara, nodding in quiet greeting to the colt, a warm note of "hello," rustling in her throat.

Vezér named herself then, and mentioned more theories on what the monument could mean, could hold, could hide. Amaris nodded along, before introducing herself as well; "I'm Amaris, and that's Dramyrth, we're of the World's Edge," though I have lived at the Throat before, she wanted to say, but held on to her words lest she talk forever about meaningless things that would only bore her current company. "I am not sure what to think," Amaris said honestly, the initial hatred she felt having diminished already and been replaced with cautious curiosity. "I want to know more about Kaos, more about what sort of being he is, what elements he is composed of - perhaps then we might know more about the sorts of things he can make, and how to.. dismantle them." Her gaze drifted from the colt and filly and instead to the great obelisk once more, the blue dragon spirit that had been hovering before her chest drifted eerily closer to it, casting glittering shades of blue upon the black surface. Amaris could not make heads or tails of it; it was as much a mystery to her as when she had arrived merely minutes before.

@Vezér @Dresden
I swear I told myself this would be a short reply when I started >__> please forgive my rambles!!
Amaris
drákos istoría
Dagwanoenyent Stock | whimzi
on deviantart
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
Blue clues - by Vezér - 03-13-2017, 11:43 PM
RE: Blue clues - by Amaris - 03-23-2017, 05:56 PM
RE: Blue clues - by Dresden - 03-24-2017, 02:33 PM
RE: Blue clues - by Vezér - 03-30-2017, 04:10 AM
RE: Blue clues - by Amaris - 04-01-2017, 05:17 AM
RE: Blue clues - by Random Event - 04-17-2017, 12:12 PM
RE: Blue clues - by Dresden - 04-26-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: Blue clues - by Vezér - 05-03-2017, 01:55 AM
RE: Blue clues - by Amaris - 05-03-2017, 06:28 AM