the Rift

[OPEN] sands of time keep falling

Amaris Posts: 299
World's Edge Philosopher atk: 5.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16h :: 4 years HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Dramyrth :: Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Frost Breath Whit
Oblivious as she was to the ways of hormones and testosterone, Amaris did not realise the tension she was causing between the stallions, though she appreciated their welcome. Astarot spoke of the God's throwing their power around (what else was new?) and that it might explain the disturbance to the bond, the illness that befell Dramyrth, everything. Amaris nodded, but was slightly dismayed when he had no further knowledge pertaining to Tandavi to offer. Volterra spoke up then, expanding on his son's words. Amaris listened, though her attention was split across to the dragon's struggle.

Fall together or fly together, Dramyrth, pleased with himself even if he was plummeting to the ever-nearing ground, growled in a brutish, satisfied manner as the queen he was embracing tightened her grip onto him. She grinned at him, and he puffed a breath of frosty air in her face in return, called her bluff, and folded his wings in close to his body to prepare for impact. The ground beneath was loamy, but turning sandy due to the closeness of the sea - it would not break bones, but it would bruise their bodies (and their prides) deeply enough.

With a thump resonating through the ground, signifying their unceremonious reunion with the earth, Amaris did her best to absorb all that she was being told. Vaguely she was aware of the scrambling, the wrestling, the fight for equality and something more carnal. Had Amaris been paying a bit more attention to their squabble, she might have felt the highly strung emotions, feelings and deepest desires that were swelling from her little king, but she was numb to it - she was focussed on the implications of Volterra's words, as well as Ampere's arrival.

A smile, genuine and light, danced across her lips. She remembered the General well enough - recalled their spar, the friendship she and Tandavi had. But Ampere's words initially brought her little comfort, for as the news of Gaucho's demise dawned upon her, the full realisation of how much time had passed settled upon her shoulders. But then she said something, not outright announcing it, but certainly implying it - Volterra and Ampere were the new leaders of the Throat! The dragonmare's eyes widen as she takes in the information, before she offers a small congratulatory grin to both Volterra and Ampere - it was well deserved, she was sure, but she could not focus for too long on it right now -

Just as she thought Ampere was to announce that she bore witness to Tandavi's death as well, the dragonmare heard with relief that her cousin was likely within the misty clutches of the World's Edge.

"Thank you, for the information and the warning - words cannot describe my appreciation to meet familiar - and kind - faces. I'm so sorry I was not present to help during those tough times," she said earnestly, honestly, hoping that they would understand, that they would forgive her. "The Throat will survive, it has been given the best chances given the devastating circumstances." Here, she offered another smile, one that she hoped conveyed her genuine pride and happiness for her friends.

"I cannot stay, though I will heed your advice. I must find Tandavi, so I will travel to the Edge." She nodded as her words confirmed the decision that had been made the moment she heard an inkling of where her cousin might be. "We will see each other again, sooner than last time, gods willing!" With a bump to each of the noses of those present, including the young dunskin, she turned sharply on her heels and began immediately on the journey north-west.

Of course, the dragon king and queen were still battling. Amaris, part dragon herself, rumbled a call on her way past - Dramyrth huffed hotly and released the little queen - for his beloved bonded, his dragonmare, would always be his true queen. He would always heed her call, pride in the face of Vadir or not - he abandoned the battle without so much as a second thought, and accompanied his bonded on her hurried journey to locate her cousin once more.
Amaris
drákos istoría
theartlex | larfsalot
on deviantart

@Ampere @Volterra @Astarot
Amaris is out! Thank you to everyone for posting, feel free to reply if you want to tell her anything else before she leaves, but she's off to the Edge and beyond now! Feel free to tag me in any other threads if you want more Amaris time <33
No need to mirror my post length - I have a horrible case of the rambly writer syndrome!
I like being tagged!
You are always welcome to 'try' and use force/magic on Amaris, but similar to spar posts, leave it to me to decide how the damage is taken please~

Messages In This Thread
sands of time keep falling - by Amaris - 03-14-2017, 03:12 AM
RE: sands of time keep falling - by Astarot - 03-14-2017, 04:50 AM
RE: sands of time keep falling - by Volterra - 03-14-2017, 01:35 PM
RE: sands of time keep falling - by Amaris - 03-15-2017, 04:40 AM
RE: sands of time keep falling - by Astarot - 03-16-2017, 04:34 AM
RE: sands of time keep falling - by Ampere - 03-18-2017, 07:55 PM
RE: sands of time keep falling - by Volterra - 03-20-2017, 12:17 PM
RE: sands of time keep falling - by Amaris - 03-20-2017, 07:54 PM