the Rift

[OPEN] A surprising request

Miykael Posts: 136
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 11 :: Birdsong
Eliana :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Rottie
Life is, at its' very heart, a series of challenges placed one after another like hurdles. Most often the hurdles are fairly equal in height, moderate but still easily jumped without much effort. Other times they are small, offering an easy reprieve. Sometimes they are massive, seemingly impenetrable. Sometimes one stumbles and knocks one down. But knocking one down doesn't stop the other hurdles from coming. As long the heart still beats and there is air in the lungs, the hurdles just keep coming. At times recovery comes swift and others... well, sometimes one has to plow through several hurdles head first before regaining their footing. In the end, though, it's all the same.

Miykael has made more than his fair share of mistakes; as he sees it, at least. Oftentimes his loved ones suffer for his mistakes. December has, he knows. He hasn't been present for her enough; and there would always be that lingering thought that had he been there, maybe Merialeth wouldn't be missing. Alysanne certainly did before he left the Edge behind. He'd talked with her later and though they ended things on relatively good terms, they would never be as close as they'd been before he tried to make her love him. There is no doubt in his heart whom is at fault, and it isn't - in his humble opinion - the current queen of the Edge. Miykael knows all too well that dwelling on the past fixes nothing, but he can't stop the self-hatred from ripping him apart.

Perhaps that is why he immerses himself in the art of healing. Perhaps that is why he is so resistant to herd life and all that it entails. Or perhaps that stems from his past - from a time when he was killed defending his father's land. He needs something outside of himself to focus on, to keep him preoccupied. Either way, the Helovian wilds have quickly become his home. It wasn't really a life suited to raising a family but December seemed to enjoy it well enough. Between the two of them they'd been able to keep most of the beasts at bay, and for the rest... well, that's what healing magic was for. They'd managed but it certainly aged him a bit faster than he otherwise might have. Especially now that the grey mare was pregnant once more.

It is hardly surprising, then, that Miykael seeks an escape from the daily stresses of the outcast life. So when the younger mare warmly accepts his company, he can't help but to relax - mentally shoving the mess of his everyday life to the back of his mind in an attempt to ignore it. "Lyanna." he repeats, his deep voice practically humming. It's a beautiful name and suits her quite well. "The pleasure is mine, I'm sure." the dunskin paint adds with a smile, hiding for the moment just how tired he's grown in the last few years. Before he can say anything else, though, Lyanna asks a question that brings some light back to his face. "Oh, I don't mind at all!" he begins cheerfully. "I was, in fact. I enjoy using my healing magic to help others." his whole demeanor is lighter now, everything about being a healer seems to lift his spirits - especially when he finds another. "You are a healer as well, yes?" he asks, and though it is just a guess he feels so certain he is right. Or maybe he is simply hopeful. So far he's found the best of friends amongst the healers - despite their tendency to be somewhat reclusive.

And if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
Image Credits

@Lyanna
What even is this post? idk.
[Image: mikey_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgnba.png]
icon base: Bronzehalo :: from Nickel <3

permission for all except death and dismemberment.
** please tag miykael in replies **
replies slow? check here for status updates.

Messages In This Thread
A surprising request - by Lyanna - 03-14-2017, 11:40 AM
RE: A surprising request - by Miykael - 03-24-2017, 02:25 AM
RE: A surprising request - by Lyanna - 03-26-2017, 05:42 PM
RE: A surprising request - by Miykael - 04-21-2017, 12:06 AM
RE: A surprising request - by Lyanna - 05-01-2017, 10:56 AM