the Rift

[OPEN] In spite of all my fears, I can see it all so clear

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

“Oh!” To say that Alysanne’s recognition of her mistake caused a mortified look in her green eyes was an understatement. She was horrified that she didn’t recognize Yael right away. For someone that prided herself in remembering every name and face she ever came across, she was certainly losing her touch. What a terrible queen she was, and she felt dreadful about how Yael would be feeling. “Oh my goodness I am so sorry Yael, you’re absolutely right.” Alysanne couldn’t believe she had forgotten the golden mare and their strange afternoon with the spiders. Her voice took on a pleading tone, hating herself for having even forgotten for a moment. “Please forgive me. And thank you again for being so helpful with those spiders.”

Lyanna joined them a moment later and Alysanne greeted the teal-accented mare with a bright smile. She’s glad that Yael doesn’t seem to mind the Moon Doctor’s presence - though maybe Alysanne has just insulted her enough that she doesn’t wish to be alone with the queen any longer.

She turned her attention back to Yael, attempting to dismiss those dark thoughts and focus on the golden mare. Her manner is calm and patient as she waited to see what guidance was needed. Yael went on to explain that she wished to learn more about Helovia, and that she had the goal of becoming Seer one day. “That’s a wonderful goal to have, Yael! Our Wise One ranks need more attention, and someone who values knowledge as much as you is just what we need.” If Yael truly yearned to gather as much knowledge as she seemed to, Alysanne wouldn’t be surprised to see her achieve her goal of becoming Seer one day.

At the question posed towards them, Alysanne’s smile softened and grew fond - as it always did whenever she thought of the past, of how she had come to live in the World’s Edge all those years ago. “For me, it wasn’t about dedicating myself to the Moon - not at first, at least. I was welcomed into this herd when I was lost and had nowhere else to go and the members of his herd became my family. So I devoted myself to them.” She heard they called her the Devoted now, since she had become Queen, and it was a little strange to use the word in conversation. It suited her, she supposed, and wasn’t as terrible as some of the titles she had heard around Helovia. “I revere our Goddess, of course, though I suspect that if it had not been for a friendly mare in the Threshold I might have eventually found that my allegiances lay with the Earth God. My father was… well I guess a minor earth god, more of a nymph than anything. And the earth and trees and flowers have always called to me. But once I came to live here - I knew I would never leave. I fell in love with this forest and the mists and the mysterious ways of our Goddess.”

Was that helpful at all? She watched both mares for a reaction, and was curious as well what Lyanna would say for her answer.

just let my love throw a spark
and have a little faith in me

art by rhiaan

@Lyanna @Yael <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
RE: In spite of all my fears, I can see it all so clear - by Alysanne - 04-04-2017, 04:31 PM