the Rift

[OPEN] In spite of all my fears, I can see it all so clear

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She has been on the wrong side of history before. And every day she wracks her brain trying to figure out what else she could have done, what she might have missed. How did she pick up no hint of a plot against her family? How did all of their spies miss it? Was there a sidelong glance she should have interpreted differently? But she has no idea what she missed, because if she had any clue, she wouldn’t have missed it. And maybe the rebels and murderers had simply been so clever, so hidden, that there was never anything for Lyanna to see.

But now she doesn’t choose much of anything. Because she didn’t choose this life, and in truth, she wouldn’t have picked it over her old. She stays because it is safe, because there are no better options, because what she does have here is good. It seems easier though just to let herself fall through this life, tumbling from one step to the next until she hits the bottom. She had time yet for that, and she would keep living as best she could simply because her family could not.

Yael admits to losing everything as well, though nudges Lyanna affectionately as she says some have begun to help fill those voids. She nudges her friend back, offering her an understanding smile. She is glad to have met Yael and Aly and all those she calls friends in Helovia, but she would give it all back for her old life if she could. She wishes that weren’t true, but it is. They were her family, after all. Though if she had to start over again, she is glad it has been in the Edge with all the friends she has made here.

Then Yael asks if they would share their stories, and she can’t find it in her heart to say no. Though it’s not a story she tells often, and not one she likes to tell. But maybe it would be good for her, maybe it would make the past less full of ghosts somehow. She’s not sure how, but still, she finds herself saying, “Of course, I’d be happy to. It seems like a good project, and I hope you share stories with me. There's so much I don't know about Helovia, and I'd love to be your student.” Lyanna has spent enough time teaching Yael about herbs, it was about time their roles reversed. She'd be glad to be learning something different for a change.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Yael

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: In spite of all my fears, I can see it all so clear - by Lyanna - 04-23-2017, 05:50 PM