the Rift

[PRIVATE] Don't rush, no pressure...

Nora Posts: 52
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 3
Angel
Bright, sharpening eyes scan the eagle. Anticipation builds, warming the soft, feminine details of my weary complexion. Nostrils flare and jaws salivate expectantly as he dips into that tawny, feathery sheath. For whatever reason, Noah always brought along something tasty. That internal pot produces condensation and gives me a little squeeze of impatience. When the stunning bouquet emerges, a soft sigh of appreciation rises on the backend of another rewarding beam. Wild flowers couldn’t often sprout amid mountains – but in these lower hills of the valley (if one knew where to look) they managed to flourish despite the plunge of temperature at night.  

Rare and beautiful.

Like his chivalry.

Moist jaws flex apart, prepped to address and consume his continual generosity. ”Je vous remercie,” distracted habit brought that polite response to my tongue; mini me scowls from her dark corner, rebuking and correcting…I frown just a little, but a word he’d recognize emerges half a beat later, “pretty.” Jowls reach greedily, boldly inspired to pass the distance between us. Crisp, vivid bursts of flavor awaken my dull (unsatisfied) hunger; I crunch easily through those stalks, heads. Consuming the dainty, marvelous, delicious little bonnets.

His flesh is lightening; crackling as it quivers and dances – irises flick over, arching with silent inquiry to the source of his agitation. As if cued to answer unspoken questions, he speaks and enticing that familiar, hot quickening beneath my breast. Background noise fades, I press a smile into view and push through the nervous jitterbugging that threatens to soften/waver the certainty in my tone, “Yes, follow.” Forefeet inch forward, hesitate but expressing a willing, eager heart.

Optics widen, astonished by the size of those powerful, zealous feathers when they rotate fully from their sheath. Mini me sighs and melts into the masculine contours of his massive body, wholly content to stare. It never dulled either of us to admire his boxy, rigid physic. The moment of peace, of admiration is cut short, my heart stutters and bats against fleshy ramparts as he rockets into action. Those thundering feet spread across the ground in a race that mimics my heartbeats. Inclining, I gape as he lifts into the air – ginormous feathers beating with savage purity. A muffled, sharp intake brings out my naïve, impressed wonder.  

The remains of his charity lay scattered about, forgotten.

These arms itch, tensing with the foresight of what is to come. The cool, morning air whisks around me – teasing my feathers as they rise and fall with gently swoops. Forelimbs quiver, nerves rising to the surface as my turn to follow comes into view. The cry of expectations accelerates as he lazily circles, waiting…watching. Heat spreads and a tight, anxious lump appears – lodging itself in the back of my mouth like a rock that I couldn’t swallow. My subconscious sits up, eyes trained urgently upward (still admiring the powerful creature above me,) “go on,” she urges firmly, impatiently even.

My ears slip in reverse, accented by the near silent whisk of my tail as it lashes anxiously against these slender, patchy pillars. Mini me softens, sensing my heightened uncertainty and unaddressed fear, “don’t be afraid,” she murmurs and gently tries to shoo those terrors which circle my innards like vultures over a dying animal.

Failing…falling…failing…I push those negative voices back into the murk they escaped from.

Chocolate splashed hindquarters push, carrying me into a trot – the wind picks up, dragging smooth fingers throughout. Forefeet quicken, arms pump downward with purpose and force. Hooves shred weed and kick up a spray of gravel. Wings pivot upward, dominating the space around me. Within seconds, I feel the air build; like a wildfire feeding from dry kindling, it grows into a fine, thrilling point! The haven vanishes. That dark, dusted rock dissolves into the backdrop. Anxiously, my stomach somersaults; I’m halfway in the sky and still trembling with excitement and meek triumph when at last I remember to tuck my adrenaline infused legs into the crook of my underbelly.  

-exiting basin-

Messages In This Thread
Don't rush, no pressure... - by Noah - 04-24-2017, 11:33 PM
RE: Don't rush, no pressure... - by Nora - 04-25-2017, 10:18 PM
RE: Don't rush, no pressure... - by Noah - 05-01-2017, 01:11 AM
RE: Don't rush, no pressure... - by Nora - 05-03-2017, 11:40 AM