the Rift

[OPEN] !! You'll Make It Through Another Night [Joining]

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

Lyanna doesn’t blame Noxia at all when she issues her sigh of relief. Everyone needed time to themselves, herself included. She was often alone, truthfully, working in the garden or the greenhouse, running here and there to collect herbs. She never minded the time spent to herself doing her tasks, though she appreciated that there was company to be found when she wanted it as well. For the number of horses that lived in the Edge, it was relatively easy to find quiet time as well. Though she wondered if that would remain true, now that she was Queen. It was much easier to be left alone when she could busy herself in the garden.

They pass the spikes and Noxia doesn’t stare at them in horror as a few have done. They elicit different responses. Though after seeing the Basin and the Throat, Lyanna can understand their purpose. The Basin was nestled into a mountain, rather hard to get in and out of, even by flight. The winds over the mountain didn’t really allow for aerial invasions. And the Throat was an island, though at least one could fly into that. The Edge, by comparison, had had nothing. The spikes, at least, were something.

She likes the cliffs at least. Before Lyanna can answer about philosophers, another joins them. She recognizes the mare that joins them, though she hasn’t been properly introduced. And soon the unicorn is calling her my queen, and Lyanna finds it rather shocking. She shakes her head slightly, smiling. “Lyanna will do just fine,” she says. She was never born to be Queen. Only a princess, and that had been enough. The title feels strange to her still, and she’d rather just be herself. “It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Akumi.”

Her attention is pulled back to Noxia, who’s now questioning about horns and the fact Lyanna is queen, and she does her best to give the other mare a reassuring smile. “I’m about as shocked as you that I’m Queen,” she says with a laugh, at herself here. “I was appointed recently. So, I’m a terribly new queen. As for horns, like my wings, they are usually something you are born with. You’ll find there’s all manner of equine’s in Helovia, some far stranger than the next. We are pretty standard, comparatively speaking.”

She pauses for a moment, hoping that’s not too much. But there’s so much to this place, Lyanna doesn’t quite know how to answer all the questions without information overload and more questions. Hopefully she doesn’t end up scaring Noxia away. “As for philosophers, Akumi here can probably do a better job explaining than I can, but they have two primary jobs. The first is to collect the stories of the Edge and Helovia, like historians. The second is to commune with our Goddess on occasion, and relay the information they get from our Lady Moon to the rest of the herd.” She pauses, realizes that’s a whole new can of worms. Gods and Goddesses. She turns to Akumi, letting the other mare fill in the details that Lyanna might have missed.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Noxia - sorry for the wait! the last few days have been super busy

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: !! You'll Make It Through Another Night [Joining] - by Lyanna - 05-05-2017, 03:46 PM