the Rift

[OPEN] Don't shoot the messenger

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Lucky for Rikyn, Yael hopes to keep this little session quick, unless the two of them have any questions about her time in the Marsh. She is sure that they have also done their due diligence, sending patrols that have undoubtedly come across strange things, like the patrols of the Throat. She is in quite the peculiar position, though, feeling more like the servant of two masters than ever before. Painted in Gold and Black, she spends half her time in work for the Moon and Edge, the other half contemplating the generosity of Kaos and paying with Zani. She finds it hard to believe that he would stoop so low as to give her a spy for a companion, knowing full well the emotional bonds they share in this world.

It would be more than callous to rip him from her - it would be barbaric, devastating, it would create a monster of Yael, irredeemably changing her for the worst.

If Kaos is trying to bribe her, to lure her away from the safety of the herds, it would take more than a kitten to sway her. But the Moon advised cleverness and warned of a change… so she settles herself in for another life upheaval. Resigned. Ready. Adaptable. It is the key to survival.

Ears and eyes flick towards the approaching blue form, giving a nod to indicate that she sees the Lady, and will wait until the mare is nearer. But until then, she extends a wing to allow the clamoring kitten to climb down, chuckling as he tumbles none too gracefully from her shoulders, sending a golden feather floating down to the ground. “Xe ees a serval. A cat from near my xomeland…” Zani’s ears and oversized head turn towards Yael, a questioning mrow? projected up at her. “I von’t be long… just vatch out for xooves, ok?” He scampers off, but not before giving a curious glance up at his bonded’s new friends.

“Sorree, xe ees so cureeous. Xello, Tiamat. Eet ees vonderful to see you too. Zis ees a lovely festival! I apologize for eenterupteeng eet vit business…” The pegasus gives a little shrug, for she truly is sorry to detract from the festivities, but some things can’t be helped. “I vas een ze Marsh vit Lyanna, Isopeea, and Amaris vhen I deescovered I could read ze markeengs on ze altar. Eet vas ritten een ze ancient language of my xome. T’ey say Peace, Power, Forever and Kaos Vill Save. Kaos xeemself confirmed ze translation.” She takes a big breath then, continuing on like a train on a straight-away. “Ze Goddess seems to t’ink change ees coming. But vhat, she could not say. Only to be logeecal and be careful not to let our emotions get een ze vay.”

The newly minted Seer carefully leaves out the part where Kaos gifted her Zani, or said that she could thank him by spreading the news of the words on the Altar. No, this can come under the guise of cooperation between the herds. And Zani? Well… Zani is all hers and she’ll be damned if they look at him differently.

On another note… “I saw ze Spark vas xere. Any news from xeem?” To be honest, she doesn’t expect anything, but it is her duty to inquire.

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Rikyn  
@Tiamat  
Oh hai novel

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
Don't shoot the messenger - by Yael - 06-02-2017, 09:55 AM
RE: Don't shoot the messenger - by Tiamat - 06-04-2017, 03:10 AM
RE: Don't shoot the messenger - by Rikyn - 06-08-2017, 09:41 AM