the Rift

Chasing Dragons [open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Heavy steps of made a foreign sound against the yielding granules of sand, and Ophelia stopped snapping at Tinek to shift her strange gaze to the figure who approached. Aaron. He had grown considerably since she had last seem him in the Foothills, and he seemed to have been training as his musculature was sharpened for battle. Curious. Had he fought for the Qian with her father? The pale mare had avoided that battle, her loyalties torn between the Ice King, Mauja and her father. She watched the colt turned stallion toss his lofty forelock from his lovely eyes as she stood dripping wet, and the words he spoke were almost comical in their seriousness. Phi smiled. "Hello, Aaron," she replied before backing away a few feet and holding her breath. Then, in a spray of water and fluff, she shook out her coat from her head to her tail.

The once perfectly combed mane and smooth fur on her coat were tangled and puffed, and she would have to have Tinek work out the knots later. "How are you?" she asked, glancing to the side at Tinek who flicked water off of his scaled tail in annoyance. The tenor of his voice had deepened considerably. One of her ears flicked to the side then, her strange eyes moving to the side as another set of heavy steps and a deep, bellowing call carried on the wind. Archibald. She had not seen him since she had been clipped on the hip by a rogue stallion named Ricochet and had assumed the dunskin's title. Ophelia nodded to him kindly and smiled. "Are the Foothills well?" she asked, having a certain soft spot for the land since she had spent part of her childhood among its trees.

Another voice called from the crashing waves, and Phi furrowed her brows, watching an older stallion with a deer-like horn move from the water too. She looked him over, finding him to be severely aged, but what concerned her most were the open wounds and gashes that covered his legs, and the mare glanced at the two larger, fit warriors before briskly trotting toward the old gray. The color of his eyes was off, and she wondered if they were like those of Reverent or if he was truly blind. Given the male's age, she wandered to guess blind. "I am here," she said quietly, moving to his side and blowing her breath into his nostrils in greeting.

A voice, mocking the elder, reached her ears, and she had to look down toward her cloven hooves to see the speaker. What an odd, strangely colored pony. Compared to the two, towering warriors and herself (who was not short for a mare), the tiny, pink creature was amusingly unmatched, and she smirked a little, lowering her arched, elegant neck to observe him, heterochromatic eyes taking in his strange, animalistic yellow ones - like a predator. "Bold words for one so challenged by his own height," she replied before taking stock of the elder once more. "Are you all right?" she asked, gazing into his milky eyes with furrowed brows.

Tinek was suddenly fascinated by the pink pony, and the silver dragon bounded in his direction, scaled tail wagging back and forth with interest. He stretched his spiny neck toward the creature before glancing up at his bond-mate, sending a simple "?" through their mental connection. Ophelia snorted a little and shook her head. "Tinek wants to know why you are so much shorter than the rest of us. He has never seen anyone like you before; neither have I, for that matter. I am Ophelia." Phi gently rested her grey, soft muzzle on the elder stallion's neck to lead him from the sea to the spot where she, Aaron and Archibald were speaking. "My friends, Aaron and Archibald are here with us."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Chasing Dragons [open] - by Ophelia - 11-17-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Aaron - 11-17-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Archibald - 11-17-2012, 02:20 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Myrddin - 11-17-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Chester - 11-17-2012, 03:47 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Ophelia - 11-20-2012, 11:28 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Aaron - 11-22-2012, 10:20 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Archibald - 11-24-2012, 09:42 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Myrddin - 11-24-2012, 10:43 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Chester - 11-28-2012, 07:00 PM