the Rift

Chasing Dragons [open]

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud

Confusion.

Myrddin had realized that his blindness had begun to impact how he perceived time. Things either happened very slowly, or very quickly. And right now, things were racing. At about the same time his mind registered Ophelia's body entering into the water, he heard Chester's voice. He knew instantly that the disturbance in the water was not caused by the little pony, but was not surprised that his voice seemed to float to his ears, seemingly unaccompanied by a body.

Would it matter if there were? the little would-be cat had asked. And yes, it did matter. Myrddin found himself at the bottom of Maslow's pyramid suddenly; his mind could not focus on philosophizing, not when death was lurking so close. Perhaps this was punishment, as Archibald had wondered. He had failed to protect his herd, his entire family, and now they were all dead. Perhaps this was the God's way of reminding him that he was too old to start over, that he should just give up and die already. They had ignored him at the Veins, had they not? So yes, it did matter. Because Myrddin was not ready to die, quite yet.

Before he had a chance to answer Chester, he finally heard the voice of the one who had first disturbed the waters to come towards him. Female. I am here, she had said. He could feel that she was taller than the average mare, as she did not have to stretch up quite so much as one might, when she placed her muzzle on his neck, leading him. I am Ophelia....My friends, Aaron and Archibald are here with us. "Hello Sai Ophelia. Long days and pleasant nights to you." Myrddin said in a gruff voice. The next few snippets of conversation, as Archibald and Aaron drew nearer, seemed to blend together. The sound of the displaced water as the group exited the ocean, accompanied by the acoustics of an open beach, made it impossible for Myrddin to place where the voices were precisely coming from. That and has bad hearing, as well. He did hear both males issue challenging statements towards Chester, which brought an amused smile to his face, momentarily. He was sure Chester received that sort of greeting often. So far, it didn't seem like the males would be the type to get Chester. Ophelia had spoken of a Tinek, and whoever that was, seemed interested enough. Perhaps Chester would find another playmate, after all.

If you are interested you may seek refuge and safety within the Foothills He heard one of the males say. His large moose-like ears swung in the direction of the noise, followed by an uncertain tilt of his head, in what he believed was Archibald's direction. He laughed heartily once he believed he was looking in the direction of the Stallion (and for once, he actually was). His milky white gaze showed no emotion anymore, making Myrddin look quite a bit sterner than he actually was. Exhaling, the old Unicorn shook his head. "I needn't be anyone's burden, youngster. But I thank you for your kindness."

Messages In This Thread
Chasing Dragons [open] - by Ophelia - 11-17-2012, 01:26 AM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Aaron - 11-17-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Archibald - 11-17-2012, 02:20 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Myrddin - 11-17-2012, 02:29 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Chester - 11-17-2012, 03:47 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Ophelia - 11-20-2012, 11:28 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Aaron - 11-22-2012, 10:20 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Archibald - 11-24-2012, 09:42 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Myrddin - 11-24-2012, 10:43 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Chester - 11-28-2012, 07:00 PM
RE: Chasing Dragons [open] - by Ophelia - 11-28-2012, 10:17 PM