Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

Xanthos
I will live for you
before I die

Elizabeth and Psyche had been stolen, and that was some of the best news that the grullo could have ever hoped to hear. It was unknown to him just how long they would be gone, however, and so the stallion had decided to make the best of it for as long as he could.

Despite the strict orders to remain with the herd, Xanthos found himself in the Thisle Meadow on this day. Thoughts of the golden palomino had been heavy on his mind as of late, for it was she that had gotten him in so much trouble in the first place. It wasn't that he was complaining, of course; he had loved the time they had spent together, no matter how short lived it had been. More than once he had thought of leaving the Steppe behind, or the Basin now, in hopes of finding the mare and following her home. If he recalled correctly, she lived in the Foothills, somewhere the stallion had not set foot before. Time and time again, however, Xanthos knew that it was a foolish idea... or was it? Would she be safer with him at her side, or would she be better off with him stuck within the Basin? He felt the need to let her know that he was alright, but... Then, with a sharp snort, Xanthos ridded himself of those thoughts. The answers to such a question could only be found out if he tried to leave, or if he simply stuck around and waited.

Now, he focused on where he was headed, and that was the very spot he had met Romani during Frostfall. While he had first come to Helovia in search of a home, it seemed that fate had other ideas for him. Love hadn't been a thought of his until recently, and the grullo could not stop himself from searching for the Haflinger. He longed to see her now that the snow had melted away, presenting the beauty that had lain dormant for months before. Now, the vegetation was beginning to flourish again, and the birds and other wildlife had crawled out of hiding to enjoy the warmth of Birdsong. The warm breeze had done wonders to put Xanthos into a good mood, too, and he hoped it could only get better from here. Today, it seemed luck might be on his side.

There in the distance was a golden form, and it made the grullo stop in his tracks for a moment. The flaxen mane and tail contrasted brilliantly against the compact body, and it was only a moment later that he knew just who he had found. He let loose a shrill call, for he was sure no one else was around them, not this time. Bursting into a gallop, he was quick to close the gap between them, tossing his head in joy before he came sliding to a stop near the mare, hoping that he hadn't caused her any alarm with his approach.

"Rome," he started, as if speaking her name made this all the more real. Taking in a deep breath to calm his racing thoughts, he met the Haflinger's azure eyes. It was difficult, but manageable. "I... I'm sorry, for what happened. I hope that my acts didn't cause you any harm; I should have been more careful." A smile twitched at his lips then, hoping that Romani could find it in her heart to forgive him for that day. "I'm so glad to see you, though."

WC: 587

Messages In This Thread
Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Romani - 12-04-2012, 08:19 PM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 12-04-2012, 09:15 PM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Romani - 12-04-2012, 10:52 PM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 12-05-2012, 10:41 PM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Romani - 12-08-2012, 01:22 AM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Xanthos - 12-08-2012, 02:06 AM
RE: Somewhere With You [Xanthos] - by Romani - 12-13-2012, 08:40 PM