the Rift

I May Be Late, But I Get There In The End [Open]

Totem Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Totem
Time waits for no one, so do you wanna waste some time?

Aurora Basin. A frozen land, as beautiful as it was dangerous. Fire eyes scanned the herdland disinterestedly, taking in the landscape for convenience only. Then, the silver bay was rarely interested by anything for longer than a few minutes. Totem was an odd stallion, an unbelievably lazy nature mixed with frightening ruthlessness and cold apathy. Though he had been led to the all unicorn herd some time ago, he had remained apart, and this was his first time venturing upon the land granted to them by the monochromatic god. This was the first time he had felt the need to. His leonine tail swished languorously behind him as he took his first step across the border, moving him from the unclaimed wilds into the protected shelter of a potential home.

That was why he was here, of course. To take his place in the herd, to immerse himself in the safety of a large group of horned equines. Means to an end, passive as it was, using this ‘family’ to preserve his own precious hide for a while longer. And perhaps he could find a few allies while here. The cinnamon stag he had met before, Tolio, had seemed friendly enough, if not the smartest creature he had ever encountered. Then there was Lena, the dancing mare who had brought him to the Steppe in the hopes of rebuilding a ruined empire, though he doubted that she would be easy to manipulate, hesitant to fight. Or perhaps not. However, for now the both of them were irrelevant, and so he easily dismissed them from his mind. He had more important things to focus on.

Finding someone with the power to formally accept him was one such thing. Deciding on how to go about such a task was another. If he waited here long enough, surely he would be discovered, and then it would be the simplest thing in the world to ask the whereabouts of the herd leader. Or, he could actively search the land for the horse he sought, scouring the Basin until he obtained his goal. The second option seemed like too much work, his ridiculously laid-back side protesting the idea of so much activity. He would wait then, remain where he was and hope to be stumbled across.

Messages In This Thread
I May Be Late, But I Get There In The End [Open] - by Totem - 12-28-2012, 09:54 PM