the Rift

Summons [Qian Meeting]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

Mirage's call sounded in my mind, and I followed it to the forest.

It amused me, that the youngest shadow had grown into the greatest flame, to see my little sister 'playing Queen', as I called it, yet I had no doubt that she could fulfill her position of leadership with perfection and grace. Some might have wondered if we resented her, we three who were older and therefore, more deserving of respect; if we envied the renown she had gained, the way her name was whispered across Helovia; if this could cause a rift between us. I laughed at these judgements, incredulous. I felt only pride for my sister's rise, and respect, and a dry delight that it was not I in her hooves. As long as she remained mine, my sister, she could do what she liked and I would stand behind her, just as I did now.

I stepped under the lowered branches, ducking to avoid some wayward leaves, following Mirage's call. It was not long before I reached the clearing she had chosen, emerging from the trees like a shadow, dark eyes assessing those already here. The small gathering that had arrived appeared before me held largely familiar faces, although two pegasai I did not recognize stood close together, their color and familiarity suggesting relation, their scent suggesting Dragon's Throat. The others I knew: Mirage, of course, flanked by my brothers; the little filly Aylin I had met by the sea; Vikram, completely enraptured with Mirage and being far to familiar, in my opinion; and Torasin, his little brown Kiba standing atop his back.

I had arrived just after Torasin, it seemed, and I nodded to the painted steed, both pleased that he finally seemed to have lost his romantic attachment to Mirage, and disapproving of the hurt he had caused my sister. Still, he seemed like a nice enough fellow, if quite naive. A smile was given on the heels of my nod, an offering of friendship that would no doubt confuse him. Oh well. I shifted my attention to Aylin, the little filly who echoed my own coloring timidly standing my Mirage, a dragon guarding her side. Steps were taken and I approached her, lowering my muzzle to look kindly into her face. "Hello, Aylin; I am glad to see you. Have you met my brothers, Madyrn and Maskan? They look scary, but they really just like to be cuddled." It was an act some here would no doubt deem uncharacteristic, the gentle tones of my voice that went out to the filly with heartfelt sincerity, the smile, the absence of any sort of mask. Yet she reminded me of myself, in more ways than just her coat. I threw a glance at the boys who flanked the clearing, stern and warning - they had better be nice to the child.

Rising up to my full height, I found that Mirage and Vikram had at last stopped their canoodling. A glare was sent in Vikram's direction - let them be in love, fine. I did not need to see it. I snorted at my sister, but teasing mirth and mockery were clear in my eyes as I walked past her, flicking charred locks at her hocks in an affectionate act of consternation. I circled around my siblings to greet Akiath, nickering softly to the golden dragon before aiming a sharp love bite at Mirage's flank. A grin was given to my little sister; done with my disapproval of Mirage's touchy-feely moment, I ran my cheek affectionately down her spine, nibbling at her mane, then moving away. Mirage would be the center of everybody's attention, and I wanted none of that. Instead, I drew myself to the edge of the clearing, following my brothers and finally stopping beside Madyrn. A murmur, to soft for the others to hear, mocking and amused and affectionate - "Quite the harem our little shadow has collected." I aimed a bite at my hot-header brother's ear and quickly drew back from the retaliation I was sure would follow. Then I turned my attention to the arriving newcomers, a shadow slashed with white, dark eyes carefully watching as more and more appeared.

[Image: RishiRef.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Mirage - 06-30-2012, 07:19 PM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Madyrn Maskan - 06-30-2012, 07:33 PM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Kri - 06-30-2012, 08:03 PM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Vikram - 07-01-2012, 12:08 AM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Aylin - 07-01-2012, 04:39 AM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Torasin - 07-01-2012, 05:56 AM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Rishima - 07-01-2012, 12:52 PM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Couth - 07-01-2012, 03:07 PM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Daenerys - 07-02-2012, 04:14 PM
RE: Summons [Qian Meeting] - by Solstice - 07-03-2012, 01:04 AM