the Rift

euphoria. [mirage]

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali
How long has it been since I set foot in the Edge? The months all seem to run together as I try to think back to the last time I was here. I can't remember when I was last in the Edge, but I remember the Foothills. Funny as it is, my last memory there is of Madyrn and Maskan and our game of tag in the water. They had been rough but in their own way they were teaching me to stand up for myself. Looking back now I realize this, but at the time I thought they were simply rough housing. What they showed my I took to heart when I left Helovia with my parents. I wonder now if I would have stayed with them if my heart had not cried out for this wretchedly beautiful land.

I move with care through the growing forest that I remember when it was burned to the ground and still smoldering after the Sun God's wrath. Offhandedly it makes me think about the weather and how mild it is compared to the blistering summer I remember. Odd. Even more odd is the fact that I am completely alone. Tallis is absent from my side and back as he stayed with my mother. I understand because he is her companion, but it leaves my heart aching from the loneliness. Thinking about him makes my eyes burn with the threat of tears that I blink away. Instead of crying I put on a strong face and continue onward.

These woods smell of Mirage.

With the threat of tears at Tallis' absence and the warm, comforting scent of Mirage now caressing my mind and memories I smile for I've missed her greatly. I wonder if she'll recognize me. I've been away for a while now and in my absence I've grown taller and filled out in places that accentuate the spanish bloodline I have because of my father.

"Mirage.." I dare to whisper the mare's name as my dark body continues to slip through the forest, now in search of her. I dearly hope to find and and upon finding her I hope she welcomes me back.

Messages In This Thread
euphoria. [mirage] - by Aylin - 01-12-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: euphoria. [mirage] - by Mirage - 01-12-2013, 09:36 PM
RE: euphoria. [mirage] - by Aylin - 01-13-2013, 05:22 PM
RE: euphoria. [mirage] - by Mirage - 01-15-2013, 06:16 AM
RE: euphoria. [mirage] - by Aylin - 02-03-2013, 04:58 PM
RE: euphoria. [mirage] - by Mirage - 02-09-2013, 10:30 PM