the Rift

Beginnings and Ends {|| Closed ||}

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The Edge was an amazing place to call home and I had no quarrels about it’s significance to my heart. If I had done anything differently in my life, I wouldn’t be who I am today and I have no shame in the way I live. I had discovered a new part of myself that I longed to indulge. I wanted to heal and to enjoy the sense of self-satisfaction that I would surely encounter while doing so. I could remember Adura, whom I found in the Threshold, frail and starving. I had brought her back to the Edge in hoped that she could recover and now, months later, she was flourishing within the mists of our home. She was an angel born of greed and I had allowed her to spread her wings within the veils of safety that the fog created along our borders. However, the mist wasn’t our only form of defense. Mirage the Dragonheart was a force to be reckoned with and I was more than glad to back her when she called. Many rivals tried to mimic her leadership, but in my mind’s eyes, we had ended up with the very best.

My body had grown thick in the winter months and I was certain that I could shed a few pounds, but that wasn’t my purpose today. Though, I made a silent promise to myself that I would contemplate taking up a few spars in order to sustain my former resilience. Something about the cold invited me to hibernation like some old grisly, hiding beneath the snowy mounds of frost until the sun finally grew near enough to swathe me in gentle heat. My bones had even grown brittle from the lack of activity and my knees were eager to protest as I moved across the moist earth, damp from the approaching spring rains. Around my toes, the mud began to suckle and screech beneath my weight and though I had grown somewhat accustomed to traversing the sticky remnants of Frostfall, I was greedily awaiting the hardened grounds of Tallsun.

However, the benign rays of spring light did wonders to illuminate the soft dappling along my bay coat. for once, I felt at an advantage when it came to my appearance, considering it had taken a low blow due to the deformity of my wings. But, as I thought about it, I wondered what exactly I would do with such an attribute. I was perfectly satisfied with wandering the lands on foot as it seemed that I had become more appreciative of the world around me that way.

And it seemed that I was in the right place for doing just that as the Threshold had always seemed to carry a certain beauty about it that calmed my heart. On days like today, I felt more than at ease just wandering through the trees, under the shade of impending night. The soft illumination that split the clouds was that of a sweet lavender and it made me think of the first night I met Tamira. She had reminded me of the sunset with her tender personality and angelic graces. The last time I saw her had been somewhat confusing and I only hoped that one day she would be able to take hold of her own body and shut out Myriad completely- despite my current obsession with the two.

The cracking of dried foliage upon the forest floor alerted me to another’s approach. Though, I wasn’t certain if it was really an approach at all or just a mere chance that brought our paths across one another. She was a striking creature, painted in silvers and grays that complemented her amber eyes. They held flecks of gold that caught in the fading light and made me believe that perhaps they were not truly golden at all, but instead a soft rosy hue that had been collected from the sun itself. Though, it seemed as if the burnished accents didn’t stop at her eyes- there was small symbol that rested diligently along her underbelly, near her hip. I had never seen such a marking on anyone other than a few horses in the Edge and I was tempted to ask her ho she had received it. But there were always better opportunities to inquire about such information.

I smiled at her now, raising a brow to indicate some gesture of friendship. I didn’t want to alarm her with my size as I was certainly a great bit larger than she. I extended my feathered extensions and then resettled them against my spine. I wasn’t sure if she would mentioned them or not, though I hoped it would be something she chose to omit from our conversation until later- at lest if she gave me the time of day to even explain them.

Were you looking for something? Or did you come here to enjoy the simplicity of The Threshold as well?” A small chuckled followed my form of greeting and I couldn’t help but succumb to the small smile that danced across my lips soon after. I wasn’t sure if she was a newcomer to Helovia, but if she was, I was certainly more than obliging when it came to informing new faces about The World’s Edge.

Messages In This Thread
Beginnings and Ends {|| Closed ||} - by Sulwyn - 01-15-2013, 07:20 PM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Thor - 01-15-2013, 10:27 PM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Sulwyn - 01-15-2013, 11:58 PM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Thor - 01-17-2013, 01:44 AM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Sulwyn - 01-17-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Thor - 01-20-2013, 04:10 PM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Sulwyn - 01-21-2013, 12:19 AM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Thor - 01-21-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Sulwyn - 01-23-2013, 12:04 AM