the Rift

Beginnings and Ends {|| Closed ||}

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Simple fairy tales; we all live in them and perhaps we all die in them. From one storyteller to another, I thought I would share the story about the lion and the lamb. I wouldn’t care to hear your protest, if you’ve heard it before, you’ll hear it again. There was a small lamb- of course she would be small- and a large lion. Whatever fate brought the two together I can’t recall, but here they were, standing face to face. It was as if they had never seen the likes of something so large or so small. But of course they hadn’t, they were of entirely different species. The lion was a kind hearted creature, who prided himself in feasting on only sick or dying things. The lamb, who had not the slightest notion of this shied away from him. But he meant her no harm, he only desired a friend. I’m not even sure how the tale ends because I’ve forgotten it through the years, but no matter, I could always just come up with an ending myself. You hadn’t the need to tell me that I shouldn’t be a storyteller at all, because it is something I already know. All I really wanted to portray was just how I felt meeting this delicate lamb that thought I was going to gobble her up… Perhaps that’s why I was a healer and not some crafty-minded, well... storyteller.

I seriously needed to find some other way to depict my life happenings…

She was a quiet thing, child-like and perhaps child-sized as well; at least in my company. Something about her reminded me of a flower and the way it blooms in the spring sun. At first she was just a shell, closed-off and mysterious. But as I looked upon her now, she was blossoming, shedding her inhibitions for the light of my company. I was glad to see her prosper. I smiled slightly as she spoke, her voice a soft tinkling that reminded me of bells. Wherever she came from must have been magical, or at least from my perspective. Then again, I wasn’t about to intrude on her privacy. What kind of gentleman would that make me?

Though from the expression on her face now, it appeared as if she had been the one to enter some kind of magical fantasy. The look of sheer bliss looked well upon her face because it lit her eyes. I thought about telling her that she had in fact encountered a place that was far from magical, but I didn’t want to crush her dreams… just yet. When I thought that she had somewhat recovered from her mild sense of daydreaming, I raised a curious brow at her. “I hope I had not… intruded. I’m Thor, World’s Edge Nurse and you are in fact, in The Threshold of Helovia.” The way the words slipped off my tongue reminded me of some cheap, sleazy salesman, but hell, how else was I supposed to get through introductions without boring her entirely? “Is there something that you seek here Miss Sulwyn?

Ooc| Don’t pay attention to the problems throughout this, it’s late and I wanted to test out my new laptop.

Messages In This Thread
Beginnings and Ends {|| Closed ||} - by Sulwyn - 01-15-2013, 07:20 PM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Thor - 01-15-2013, 10:27 PM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Sulwyn - 01-15-2013, 11:58 PM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Thor - 01-17-2013, 01:44 AM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Sulwyn - 01-17-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Thor - 01-20-2013, 04:10 PM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Sulwyn - 01-21-2013, 12:19 AM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Thor - 01-21-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Beginnings and Ends {|| Open ||} - by Sulwyn - 01-23-2013, 12:04 AM