the Rift

Haunted

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
*Note: You don't have to read the 1st four paragraphs because I'm afraid they'll bore you guys! Again, so sorry!

The air moved with an electricity akin to the promise of war and perhaps such a thing was not so far out of reach as I had formerly thought. After all, with the Grey moving to the forefront and drawing figurative swords whispering possibilities of invasion, no one was safe. My sweet Thor was unaware of the imposing threat but of course I had no way to bridge the connection between animal and creator. I was quite surprised to learn of the potential theft of Lace from the Edge because it was awfully close to home considering Willow and Romani had been from the Foothills. Maybe there was something I was missing? I knew that Thor wouldn’t know of the impending threats, no not yet. He was all too concerned with his relationship with Tamira and the birth of his new daughter Essetia. Along with his personal affairs came the duties of fighting for his position as Captain. He was more determined than ever and how could I blame him? He was becoming a valued member of the herd so why wouldn’t he try to position himself as such?

But that didn’t keep him from visiting the Threshold from time to time. When he wore the title of Captain, would it change his morals or perhaps the way others viewed him? He was but a mere Nurse now and no one seemed to fear him or even find interest in his name. Would becoming Captain lay a big fat red “X marks the spot” on his back? For curiosity’s sake I hoped it did. Though I’m not sure the big draft would ever agree with such an idea.

He was looking a bit rough after his spar with Mirage the Dragonheart and his pretty little hide had been marked with cuts and bruises. But that didn’t take away from his imposing heft or the fact that he was all around large and in charge. After all, what better attributes to become Captain? How I humor myself. From time to time I found him growing soft in the arms of love and the fresh idea that he belonged with soul mate Tamira but she wasn’t as sure of him as he was her and how could I blame her? Didn’t all females fall for the “bad boy”? Maybe he needed to take a few tips from a member of the Basin, like the Doctor. Maybe then he would have Tamira swooning at his feet. But alas, the day that Thor stooped down into the muck of the Basin would be the day that he took his own life (well the day that I took it for him.)

I digress because that was not what I intended to narrate today and perhaps I needed a new day job too but I guess things such as these were just as well. Thor was a sap and I was very much his bitchy mentor without the bells and whistles; we get what we get. Thor had come from the Edge that morning, thinking happy thoughts about life and family as always. Perhaps they strayed to darker things like war and the like but he would never let anyone believe those kinds of thoughts would ever cross his cheery mind. Besides, I had a few things in store for him and living in a fantasy world forever was definitely not one of them. Once again, I digress- do forgive. The heat of the day was enough to make his skin shiver beneath the thick rays and if it were me I wouldn’t be traveling on such a day, but it was duty that called him. The Edge needed soldiers more than the earth needed rain; there wasn’t much in the way of protection if they got invaded anytime soon and God only knew that they had plenty of nurses.

It had taken most of the day to travel to the claiming grounds and before he knew it nightfall was upon him and out of mere determination to come home with someone rather than empty handed sent him into the pit without a second thought. His muscles were tired by the time he finally ran into a stallion that I thought rather queer. It was his voice in the silence that had drawn Thor to him after all, but as many will do, he was having conversation with himself. I figured it was loneliness that made them do it.

He was a strange sight to see, what with yelling threats into the shadows as if they would answer him. Of course I found it entertaining but Thor was kind enough to remain unwavering. He was also a strange looking creature as well. It was as if some painter had bought a black canvas and then proceeded to dot little white marks all over him on the backside while leaving the front half completely untouched and boringly white. How quaint. At least he was pretty- but don’t mistake my affections for the lad to be something Thor would mimic. No, instead he nodded to the stallion before introducing himself kindly. Sometimes I grew bored with his antics merely because he never took the chance to step out of the box. He needed to get out a little more.

Of course, once he thought he was on the right path, destiny always seemed to throw an odd ball in his way so that he was forced to step over it. A white mare emerged from the shadows before him and maybe it was shock or just dubious frustration that stopped him at the scene. She was pretty enough but something about her made him cringe. I knew what it was because of the cheesy little smile she wore on her ugly little- Well not, I’m getting ahead of myself. Basin members seemed to have that effect on me. She was sharp tongued and well, just girly and flirtatious. Thor was eager to force her out and toss her scraps to the dogs but once again he let his heart get the best of him. “You get right to the point don’t you? I guess it must be something they teach you in the Basin in order to mass produce.” A sweet smile for the first time he actually used sarcasm to get his way. I may have had a hand in it, but I’m not pointing fingers.

He turned to the innocent lad that was about to be corrupted by the lady in white, though I thought it should have been black. Maybe it would have explained her freakish tendency to remind me of a witch. Once again, we get what we get right? “Having troubles are we? I don’t think you’ll hear anything of note if that's what you're looking for." He looked towards the little Arah (little mare who I deem many names other than the one she pointed out) to emphasize his point. "I’m Thor by the way- World’s Edge Nurse.” The title seemed to flow so naturally from his tongue now and I couldn’t wait for the word Captain to appear somewhere in that speech someday. He smiled at the boy and it reminded me why I thought him so earnest. Maybe there was hope for him yet, but I thought that he would be better suited as Captain. Maybe he would take on that “bad boy” edge after he did and then Tamira would like him more. Maybe.
Thor

FORGIVE ME FOR THIS PAIN IN THE ASS.

Messages In This Thread
Haunted - by Stark - 02-19-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: Haunted - by Arah - 02-19-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: Haunted - by Thor - 02-19-2013, 01:53 AM
RE: Haunted - by Stark - 02-19-2013, 10:51 PM
RE: Haunted - by Arah - 02-26-2013, 07:14 PM
RE: Haunted - by Thor - 02-27-2013, 05:45 PM
RE: Haunted - by Stark - 03-08-2013, 03:50 PM