the Rift

With foes ahead, behind us dread; herd rally!

Ailith Posts: 47
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.0 HH :: 8
Adoptable

No matter what we breed, we are still made of greed
This is my kindom come, this is my kindom come

Did she find it queer to answer his call when those strange tunes finally found their way to her ears? She had not seen the face that drew her to the heart of the Foothills that day and perhaps she didn’t care to. It was more than his lack of attendance that had made her somewhat bitter and she could not find anywhere in which to lay blame. Could she blame the Grey for invading? She couldn’t without reason… Nor could she blame Jackal for his time in relative isolation. It was in that moment that she was content to forget everything but the service she was to provide. It was obvious that the Foothills needed her help, which would be gladly given, if she was provided a reason in which to stay. She wanted to see something that day, something in these creatures that would motivate them, something other than anger and revenge.

She needed the chance to call the family, but alas, she had yet to even meet them all face to face. Her gait was slow and perhaps a little reluctant because this time she felt that there would be many in attendance than she had previously met alongside Argetlam. She could scent them all from a mile away and yet she moved toward them with a sense of untimely fear. But this was bigger than her self-esteem and much bigger than her selfish favor of reclusion. When the time came that she was upon them, her nerves quivered and made her shake. When was the last time that she had been able to face someone she called “Leader”? So far six had made it into the clearing and while some were entirely new to her, she happened to recognize Nadira, Aaron, and Argetlam. She was glad to see the big Grey stallion in their company but she was not quick to run to his side. She needed this time to form her own opinions about what was to come.

Ahead, she looked into the eyes of what was assumedly the great Jackal. He spoke with so much fervor that she was almost convinced that his words rung with truth. However, in her debate, she noticed that one of his followers seemed more distressed about the invasion than even Jackal himself. He was a large Warmblood with a coat made of coal with crimson frosted threads. She hadn’t been able to decipher much of what he’d said other than his expression upon his final retreat from their gathering. There wasn’t much to know of the large shadowed stallion other than his decision to leave in their time of need. But how could she blame him? Once again, she did not know his reason.

Another stranger caught her eye though she wasn’t sure what his name was way due to a slight speech impediment. There was no curious smile upon her lips now though because while he was amusing enough to her, there was nothing amusing about why they were here together. He was a beautiful creature that did not appear fit for war, but she had learned that she could not judge a book by its cover.

But as she listened to Argetlam speak of his duty to assist, she felt that they did not have enough of really anything to get through this invasion without fail. Her lids fell over beautifully colored lavender eyes before she reopened them, purpose thriving within their depths. “I am Ailith, newest addition to your herd and I’d like to offer my services wherever it is they are needed. Though, I believe we have a long way to go before we are fit for the battle that’s headed our way.

She moved closer to them, hopeful to find a bit of comfort in their presence before all hell was to break loose.

Messages In This Thread
RE: With foes ahead, behind us dread; herd rally! - by Ailith - 02-21-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: With foes ahead, behind us dread; herd rally! - by Ariadnê - 02-24-2013, 11:00 PM