the Rift

With foes ahead, behind us dread; herd rally!

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
resplendence
and i'll find strength in pain and i will change my ways
It seemed as though quite a few things had occurred during Resplendence's time away. "Romani! Willow!" the leader's voice called out as she stretched her graceful Morgan frame out into an easy-going prance. Tail flicking just a little at the base as it trailed behind her much like a veil. Her long locks falling across her eye and then some of it spread across her back and down to the ground as she stopped close to the area that some horses were gathering to the horse's call. It was obvious his wits about himself had returned as he told the herd to be strong. But the rain that pounded down caused her ear to pin tightly against her cranium as she shook her head fervently. No. Fighting was bad. They had to understand that. Fighting caused pain.

She shifted a little as she heard another speak up. Her eyes flickering around until they had landed upon the darkened frame of the speaker. It was obvious that he didn't want to fight either. And as he explained it was merely understandable. His family must come first. If she still had her she would do the same. Allowing her eyes to close for a minute she took in a short breath, no longer able to really pay attention to the voices that she couldn't recognize. Really, she hadn't even recognized the voice of the one who had spoken of his family. She needed to get to know these people she now lived with. But, it was with great difficulty that such would occur.

Res could pick out the sound of anger upon some of their voices. Quickly, she felt herself pulling away. Her frame trembling ever so slightly as she shuffled backwards - away from the head of the crowd and all the people near it. More spoke up. Asking about how they would proceed. Her nostrils flared. It was obvious that if they fought back most everyone would easily be slaughtered. This herd was nowhere near ready for a battle. She didn't need to know them to see that there were only a few who held such great chances of being able to hold their own against whoever it was they fought. And she was not one of them.

Finally, she allowed her orbs to open again, peering up at the leader of the Foothills and to the people around him. Her gaze falling on them from behind as she had needed to distance her frame from all the heated bodies of equines as the thunder boomed in her ears causing her to jump forward a few steps before meekly regaining the little bit of her composure she had left to own. It was as soon as the thunder had died down that she allowed her quiet voice to raise just enough to be heard. "I don't think we should fight, sir." Her ear flickered backwards for a second as she shifted uncomfortably. "No one is ready for battle... We lost those who could help us the most..." her voice broke, body twisting in the air as another clap of thunder sent her a few more paces closer to the pack of animals. A shaky breath escaped her as she spoke up again. "I think... perhaps we should let them think they've won... and then... try and pull a mutiny. We'll be stronger. We'll most likely have Romani and Willow back, along with any others who can help." She paused, ducking her head in embarrassment. "I'm sorry, Sir, I just believe that going into fight as we are will get everyone killed... for nothing." she finished before remembering she had yet to introduce herself, so stumbling over her words she managed to add, "So sorry, I am Resplendence, and I'm new here. I understand if y-you don't want a n-newcomer's opinion," her voice dying out at the end as she shifted herself farther back from those circled around him. She was the odd one out. The one who didn't want violence. She had seen enough. Her gaze stayed lowered as she concentrated on her soaking mane that clung to her legs and chest, forelock doing it's job in hiding her face but lacking the fluff to cover her lack of an ear.

Did they even have a chance? Or was all hope really lost?
Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: With foes ahead, behind us dread; herd rally! - by Resplendence - 02-23-2013, 12:53 AM
RE: With foes ahead, behind us dread; herd rally! - by Ariadnê - 02-24-2013, 11:00 PM