the Rift

rejection and depression [Any]

Azzaron Posts: 85
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17 hh :: 10 years Buff: NOVICE
Dark

Rejection.

Depression.

It was all I could feel. Delinne had left me. She... she betrayed me. I could never love her again for that. I had thought our path had been set in stone, but it appears that Delinne decided to break away. My wing aches, a layer of blood covered the feathers. I had fought Delinne's father... and he had proved that he was strong.

Walking was the only thing I could do, for my right wing was too sore to fly. I could feel the salty air as it whipped my hair around. I sighed, my hooves digging deep into the sand. Questions and thoughts moved slowly through my mind as I walked along the beach, my eyes seemingly dimmer than before.

Was life really worth living anymore?

I ponder for a moment before pushing the thought to the back of my mind. I would think about that later. I glance up, my pale gold coat glimmering slightly. Slowly gray clouds seep into the sky, blocking out the sun. Was this a sign from the gods? Was this not meant to happen? Or had this been planned?

Were the gods punishing me for something?

I lower my head, beginning to feel the first drops of rain. It was only a moment before it began to pour down, wetting my coat and my skin. I watch as the dried blood washes from my wing. I can feel the tears welling up inside of my eyes, and instantly I feel them slide down my cheeks, blending with the rain.

My inner fire was growing smaller, it's almost out. Depression is a disease that is not easily cured. The only thing that could cure me was seeing Delinne and Destry, both of them accepting me as their father and their mate. But, that would never happen. Never.

I lift my head, beginning to weep more. Life was horrible, and I knew it firsthand. My lips quiver, and I let out a soft and raspy neigh. I was pathetic. Simply pathetic. I let my emotions get the best of me. I let them control me. That's how I lost Delinne. I had gotten too mad at Mauja and she had gotten mad at me. I let out another neigh, this one was quieter than the first. I continue all the way until I'm just rasping.

Why must life be so cruel and heartless?

I had given Delinne love and a child, yet she rejects me. WHAT DID MAUJA GIVE HER? NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO GO WITH HIM?! I scream out, kicking my hind legs up into the air. "WHAT DID I DO WRONG?!" I scream out, frustrated and angry. She had betrayed me. Did... did she love Mauja? No, she wouldn't. She loved me. Didn't she? She had never admitted it... had she? I feel my heart drop, realizing Delinne had never admitted to loving me. "WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?!" I scream out again, screaming at nothing. I stand upon a cliff, only a few feet above the hurtling waves. Why did this all happen. Were we not meant to be? I moan in pain. Not physical pain though, but mental and emotional. I sigh, wailing again.

My world was crumbling around me.

"When you grow old, you will die and rot on the ground,
Other horses will dance when you all crumble, when your kingdom falls.
When your crowns break."

Messages In This Thread
rejection and depression [Any] - by Azzaron - 02-27-2013, 07:59 PM
RE: rejection and depression [Any] - by Melissa - 02-28-2013, 07:45 AM
RE: rejection and depression [Any] - by Melissa - 03-01-2013, 02:27 AM
RE: rejection and depression [Any] - by Azzaron - 03-01-2013, 06:12 PM