the Rift

You're no good, you don't cry like you should

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

F A E L E N E
you don't cry like you should.

The blanket of stars never meant hours of rest for her. Faelene could pretend, she was good at that. Closed eyes, slow breaths, and relaxed muscles. Sleep wasn't hard to fake, but she rather not. A closed off world of lies warm or cold seemed more suitable, more pleasant than another night of thoughtful stumbling. The usual pattern was not satisfying. No matter how she tried to conserve or merely rest it was not enough. It was extremely irritating like an itch she couldn't touch. If she felt like this now, oh boy, she couldn't wait. She tried to concentrate on the sounds, the faint wind that brushed against the tree tops to think of a wordless whisper.

How long she was on the edge of sleep with reality holding on she didn't care to guess. She only knew she heard something, and decided she wasn't smart to keep her eyes shielded. Greeted by blackness at first her eyes adjusted quickly seeing the white glow of his spotted coat in the distance. Speak of the devil. There was no holding back the twitch of her lip that wanted to form into a smirk, but Faelene wouldn't let her mouth do more. Smirking didn't seem to be the right reaction she should have, and she kept a composed dark mask. The red maned could not help how silver irises could never hide the light sparked by interest. It was almost as if he known where to find her. Should it surprise her? Irma she was learning was a very clever girl, probably more aware than Faelene when it came to this place. Hard she might look for the owl, strain for her wing beats she could not detect where she was. Instead she was drawn by his luminance that made her wonder if he had stolen a piece of the moon. She was thinking this more than anything else when like a light it went out by the shadow's touch. Black ears tipped back by his simple greeting, unable to tell if it was meant as a safe step forward or he really did not have much to say. The edge about her eyes furrowed, was she that scary now? Pregnant mares were moody, but Faelene wasn't about to scream you bastard you did this too me. No, she had a bit of anger but it wasn't directed at him. It took two to tango as they say.

"Hello," she replied vaguely in return, accepting his muzzle as she always had. For a single second she thought this didn't have to be that awkward situation, she already felt calmer in his presence. It would seem being the "one with her hand caught in the cookie jar" she would have to take the lead. "I would say I'm sorry, but I'm not so please don't feel the need," and she slipped him a small smile that was both coy and bashful. Then she dragged in a long breath, trapping it in her lungs while she held back all the words that wanted to come out at once. The pause made it easier to find what she really wanted to ask, understand. Steadily she met his ice gaze she was drawn too. "I only want to know what you want. If this child has little of you would you claim them?" The lady was thoughtful in her expression, soft almost when peering at him trying to read his own white facade. Swiftly, she drew another breath. "I won't deny you to be their father, take that way, but I won't make you either." Faelene didn't know how he felt about this and it showed in the contours of her face,the light of her eyes how she was in need of his input; she wanted it. Mauja didn't seem the type to shrink from responsibility, but he had other children, and though it wasn't clear if he and Psyche were anything she hated to wreck that. Especially since she felt quite a bit of loyalty and respect for her Lady. A quiet laugh that might have been nervous, might have been sad or of humor she lowered her gaze, quietly uttering."I don't feel you owe me' just because of this.....I have no right to claim you or anything. I've always hated when someone felt inclined to believe you belonged to them."

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: You're no good, you don't cry like you should - by Faelene - 03-18-2013, 11:53 PM